• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Party Crashing

trex

Reaction score
I have a party this saturday in a pier. It is a private club and I am a member but will like to crash the party anyway for the fun of it. The crashing is to be done in an inflatable boat so as to not care to much about losing it if something goes wrong. I was of course planning something a la james bond and slipping out of a wetsuit in a wrinkle free DJ. The theme of the party is cabaret so I was guessing a DJ with an untied bow tie and kiss marks with red lipstick on the neck would be an appropiate attire. Any advice?

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
marchal.gif

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think it counts as crashing a party if you were invited...

Also I don't think a DJ would fit under a wetsuit. I knew a guy who commuted to work in his yacht and wore a dry suit with some of his suit underneath, but speaking from personal experience things get pretty sweaty in a dry suit, so its actually a pretty bad idea.
Check you can access the pier from the water, plenty of large piers would be completely inaccessible from something as low as an inflatable dingy. Might something like a helicopter be more practical if you want to show of?
I think this sounds pretty stupid, but I am interested in hearing how it turns out.

trex

Reaction score
The pier is fairly low as it is in a bay with almost no waves and little tidal movement. The place has a sort of cement platform which is a couple steps below the main area. This is the place to board and will also be the entrance point, there are also toilets in this area so I can quitely merge with the people coming out of there. The main problem is that there will be bouncers pretty much everywhere. In order to avoid getting caught by them I think I'll just wait until some sort of fight breaks out for them to intervene. This is by no means a formal, old people party, so such an event is more than likely. Anyway more advice would be great as well as sotires on similar experiences. Hell, even bashing on how stupid it is to do this is welcomed as long as it reveals possible flaws/weakspots in my plan.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Will Anne Hathaway be there? It'd be great if you crash the party, then steal her away--in front of all the jealous onlookers, and preferably in a Ducati of some sort.

scarphe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you seemto be trying to hard to be cool.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scarphe

+1. What ever happen to people being normal and showing up for a party in which they were invited. I hope the best man at your wedding decides to crash it by skydiving into the church.

trex

Reaction score

the party is quite expensive as well I might add.

scarphe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
more exspensive than a wetsuit and boat?

trex

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
So you'll look like a second-rate douche arriving at an expensive party? Cool.

not at all, I'll look as the one who is fun enough to crash the party in a creative manner. I can imagine however that is what you might look like given some of your posts. arriviste fits the bill quite well doesn´t it?

trex

Reaction score
more exspensive than a wetsuit and boat?

pretty much on par, however I already have both items. Worst case scenario I guess would be getting in and getting thrown out in which case I'd just pay.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by trex
not at all, I'll look as the one who is fun enough to crash the party in a creative manner. I can imagine however that is what you might look like given some of your posts. arriviste fits the bill quite well doesn´t it?

You can't arrive when you're going nowhere.

You'll look like a douche because you're taking style cues from James Bond and even planning to ad some red lipstick, I know not everyone has a modicum of taste but just re-read what you wrote and imagine it came from someone else.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by trex

But the party isn't and shouldn't be about you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads