1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Parnis watches, which online retailer ?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by KodakKid, Feb 25, 2012.

1. KodakKid

KodakKid Member

Hi,

I been looking at Parnis Watches, and was interested to order 1-2 watches. I've look at a couple of online store but would like to have some feedback from Parnis owners. From where did you order from ? I know they are not the greatest quality but in term of aesthetics and for the price, It can be fun to wear.

Thanks

2. KodakKid

KodakKid Member

Thx

Those site actually have better price than the one I was planning to use :)

3. TimelesStyle

TimelesStyle Senior member

Not to be rude, but why buy a cheap, shitty watch that is all but a knockoff of another, much more expensive watch? There are plenty of decent watches for a few hundred bucks that won't make you into a knockoff-wearing douche.

4. Cylon

Cylon Senior member

"Not to be rude..but why are you a douche?"

[​IMG]

5. TimelesStyle

Because, other than the fact that I think so blatantly ripping off others' designs (they're within an inch of trademark infringement) wearing what amounts to a knockoff watch is a douchy thing to do that displays lack of class and confidence.

6. Pieceofsand

Pieceofsand Senior member

I've bought a Parnis power reserve watch, and I decided within 2 seconds that I needed to return it after opening it. It was crappy.

7. linsook

linsook Senior member

don't listen to that douche a few posts up.

i hear manbushijie is pretty good. never tried it myself though.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  8. TimelesStyle

If you're telling me that this piece of shit is anything other than a fake Panerai

http://www.manbushijie.com/productshow-587-3.html

Then

1. You're the douche

2. I have some very nice oceanfront property in Arizona you might be interested in

Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  9. KodakKid

KodakKid Member

I didn't know my thread will start a debate [​IMG]

I'm just looking for fun watches to wear which I think parnis is exactly what I'm looking for. Are they that cheap ? I don't expect them to last 10 years. From what I read they are decent enough for 100$ and should last around 2-3 years ?

What are your experience with parnis ?

10. IBJanky

IBJanky Senior member

Go for it. I own a couple myself.

myke

11. TimelesStyle

My experience is that they are attempting to rip off the designs of watchmakers selling $5k+ watches. There are plenty of fun watches for $100; happy to provide some suggestions. But something that goes for about 2% of the price of the real thing is cheap. What's even cheaper is the fact that it is all but a copyright violation of Panerai's design (Rolex too, I believe) and were I at one of those companies I'd pursue the heck out of infringement litigation.

12. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Senior member Dubiously Honored

I have a Parnis that is the watch I wear most frequently. It's quite possible it's a cheaper version of a much more expensive watch. I don't know enough about watch designs to be able to tell. Also, I don't care. I saw a product I liked a lot for less than $100, bought it, and enjoy it. I've had it for maybe 6 months now, without any problems. That's pretty much where it ends for me, as I'm not really a huge watch guy.

13. linsook

linsook Senior member

Why don't you go offer your services to them since it seems like you have a better grasp of the situation than they do.

All this talk about copying and ripping off, the real question is what is original anymore? I bet you wouldn't open your mouth if a luxury brand decided to make a watch that was very similar in design to another, now would you? Is a rolex sub a rip off of the blancpain fiftyfathons? I guess this is a 'ripoff! OMG! fake! must avoid whole brand!", as well. OMG, another!! Go educate yourself on these horological matters.

Bottom line is he didn't ask for you to come in here and shit on this thread with your douche bag opinion on what you think is a crap,rip off, fake watch.

Parnis makes decent homage watches.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  14. TimelesStyle

To your first point, patent and trademark protection offices worldwide would probably like to weigh in on this type of thing. To your second, the inclusion of a black bezel does not constitute trademark infringement, particularly when, 60 years ago, neither of these companies had the brand equity they do today nor were either forged in the hopes of attracting those who wanted the look but didn't have the money.

15. cynicalone

cynicalone New Member

Wow you're definitely someone who wears his social status bc that's the only way you can satisfy your superiority complex. It's always someone who lacks something who makes up with materialism and expensive things for a sense of brand affiliation. How about you shut your trap because wherever you are at this point in your life that allows you criticize people for buying what they can only afford, might one day be gone. Your flossy ass attitude sure doesn't pair well with being "broke status" if you were one day to lose your job. Oh but being that you're such a kind person and all, no one would wish that on you lol. You got a problem? Then how bout you take action and report these "infringements" to the patent offices you douche instead of attacking and complaining to non malicious posters. Until then let the man buy whatever he wants lol. Wish you the best of luck and that someone might knock you off your high horse!

16. cynicalone

cynicalone New Member

Ignore the psycho who complains about knock offs but yet doesn't take action to report it. No point in complaining and attacking you when he won't take action against Parnis' borderline infringements to the "patent offices". All you were doing was asking a simple question. Clearly a hypocrite. Buy what you like until it's formally declared that buying this product is an offense.

17. cynicalone

cynicalone New Member

haha you're still a douche lolol

18. Hayward

Hayward Senior member

Happy Happy Happy

1. Some people think people who wear real Panerais are douches.

2. Most of the Parnis line are iterations of classic designs used at some time by multiple watch manufacturers, enough that they are fairly generic.

3. I'd try to take a look at one in the flesh before buying. Avoid getting one with a display back, as you'll see production shortcuts that are disappointing.

4. There are other brands which offer better quality for a similar price point, such as Orient.

5. No need to call people douche over a choice in watches, generally.

6. Copyright law is out of control.

19. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

Last edited: Dec 8, 2012