• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Parkour Sweats and Backpack

Masako

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have a somewhat unusual and specific request for information. I'm a Parkour practitioner (a Traceur) and I have a problem; two actually. I'm having trouble finding a pair of sweat pants that are durable, slim cut (no huge billowing bottoms) and aren't a complete eyesore. I've found an excellent pair on YesStyle, but the lead time is about a month and that's not really acceptable for me; I need the pants to be (somewhat) readily available in the event that I wear them out.

Secondly I'm looking for a small lightweight backpack that's just large enough to hold a bottle of water, a wallet, and a cell phone. Again, something durable and not an eye sore.

I've done a search here and the result were somewhat useful, though not quite what I'm looking for. I live in Canada and if the pants are available here that would be a bonus, though I have no qualms about ordering from afar either.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and if you need more information on my part just post and I'll reply.

Cheers!

kever

Reaction score
You're in Van, so there should be Lululemon's everywhere. If you go to a bigger one they might have some men's slim fitting, free moving pants without any garish branding. They are a bit more expensive, but the quality is good. I'm not sure about backpacks, but MEC might have something, and there should be more then one of those near you as well.

A quick search I did found this. the side straps would hold it in plac when you were running or climbing.
Out of curiosity what type of shoes do you wear?

Masako

Reaction score
I'll look into Lululemon; I haven't yet as I figured their clothes are mostly pretty feminine. As for that backpack, that's pretty much exactly what I'm looking for, thank you. I wear Onitsuka Tigers mostly, as the soles are quite thin and allow my toes to grip metal bars and the like better.

bbaquiran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Masako
Secondly I'm looking for a small lightweight backpack that's just large enough to hold a bottle of water, a wallet, and a cell phone. Again, something durable and not an eye sore.

Try one of the smaller hydration packs (Camelbak, etc.)

kever

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Masako
I'll look into Lululemon; I haven't yet as I figured their clothes are mostly pretty feminine. As for that backpack, that's pretty much exactly what I'm looking for, thank you. I wear Onitsuka Tigers mostly, as the soles are quite thin and allow my toes to grip metal bars and the like better.

Their stuff can be feminine, but they do have some nice guys stuff. MEC might also have some pants like you want too. If you plan on getting that pack you might check there for pants.
I'm not sure how into parkour you are, but I can imagine the big drops would be hard on the feet with such thin soled shoes. Wasn't adidas coming out with some shoes for PK?

Masako

Reaction score
Thanks Kevor, and yes, I had a look at the pants on MEC; they have lots of "climbing" pants which look interesting, but they seem to be out of stock on just about everything. I'll have to get down to their retail location in person and take a look. As for my shoes, I actually prefer thin soled. When I land from a drop (or even just a precision jump) I strike with the balls of my feet and flow into the movement, which makes it really quite painless. I never land on the heels of my feet.
smile.gif
If anyone else has any suggestions post em up, I'll be researching for the next few days anyway.

cookieoflife

Reaction score
Have you looked into American Apparel? Not greatest quality, but if you're going to be tearing a pair up might as well make it cheap.

Masako

Reaction score
I've considered AA, and I'll see about giving their sweats a try this weekend.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads