1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Parking sticker

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Pink22m, Apr 30, 2004.

1. Pink22m

Pink22m Senior Member

I have a parking sticker on my car from last year, that my university's parking department makes you put on. Unfortunately, these stickers are fairly substantial, and they make you put them on your bumper. Anyhow, I was able to get my day parking sticker off using my fingernails (ouch), but still have the one next to it, my night parking sticker, to take off. There is no way I am going to make my nails go through the pain they did. Does anyone know of any good products for this? I heard WD-40 might work.

2. PeterMetro

PeterMetro Senior Member

Gasoline works very well on adhesives.

3. Mike

Mike Senior Member

I'd watch out with the gasoline, especially if you have a painted plastic bumper, as most cars made after 1990 have. One scratch and that gas is going to make the paint peel. They sell some stuff called "goof off" which works pretty well. Any hardware or home store would have it. Or you could try rubbing alcohol, but you run into the same problem as the gasoline.

4. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

The best way to get stickers off is with heat. You could try a hair dryer or rent a heat gun which is basically just a really big hair dryer. Once peeled off, goof-off works very well for removing the gunk left over from a sticker.

5. Bradford

Bradford Current Events Moderator

Try "Goo-Gone." It's available at most Walgreen's or other drug stores. Does a great job on everything I've ever tried.

Bradford

6. banksmiranda

banksmiranda Senior Member

in my experience hot water works well.  another method is to use corn (or any cooking) oil, which you could then wash off with soap and water.

7. gqelements

gqelements Senior Member

i second this, as i have to do this every year for the same reason... although frustrating having to find a long extention cord... but workss very well.