• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Parkas w/ Fur Trim

tor

Reaction score

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i like it, but they seem to have gotten awfully expensive.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Almost copped a buzz rickson two years ago, buddy's friend always pulls it out when we go snowboarding and he's just got a t shirt on underneath haha.

tor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
i like it, but they seem to have gotten awfully expensive.

I couldn't really get a good handle for the price. What price range are we looking at?

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
280-350 Iirc

tor

Reaction score
Oh jeeze. I can't afford that. Damn
frown.gif

blairh

Reaction score
Perfect for Montreal:

Canada Goose Chateau. Retails for $495.

slickmick

Reaction score
Does anyone have a suggestion for a nice black parka with no fur trim at a reasonably low price?? I fell in love with one at H&M but they didn't have my size.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
acne had a nice one this season.

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thenanyu
APC outerwear is outrageously overpriced.

Originally Posted by breakz
Interestingly it's also well-constructed.

I've got two of their short jackts which are both great for the 3 and change I paid. But that parka would have to let me ******* for 8 bills.

Originally Posted by freelance robotics
N2-B's the shortwaist parka. If you want the full length, it's the N3-B, and I think the fur collar really caps the look of a parka, I wouldn't get a cold weather one without it.

Honestly for something like that I'd just go with the original mil surp version.

I agree about checking army/navy. The Spiewak snorkels are pretty sharp, but they're really just a mil pattern and many army/navy carry them too around here.

Only benefit to Spiewak is color choices like black (also not sure if real mil surp is fox or synthetic these days). Drab is the dude's only choice if he can find a decent real mil N3.

Originally Posted by amnesiac
the buzz rickson parka with the mouton and wolf hood/collar is sick.

wg_n3_thumb.jpg

Totally sick. Was gonna suggest that one, but OP mentioned sticker shock, and that's defrib material.

However, worth every damn penny. Just got the Gibson N-1 deck jacket, and that alpaca lining is amazing, as is the corded canvas shell which is so thick it feels like leather.

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tor
Anyone have anything good or bad to say about the Spiewak N2b Snorkel Parka? http://www.spiewak.com/fashion/product/3N2BMOD/

One thing I can say about their other jackets is that they all seem pretty 'light' once you get your hands on them. Well constructed, just lacking a certain 'weight' that you'd expect from the pictures.

I totally love that model though. Look, it's a heavy jacket you'll have for years, not a fashion trend. Save up.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
The one my dude has is sicker than that one but it's from awhile back, no brown in it either. **** is indestructible. Really need to get my cdw order in a la old school raf.

tor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mlyngard
One thing I can say about their other jackets is that they all seem pretty 'light' once you get your hands on them. Well constructed, just lacking a certain 'weight' that you'd expect from the pictures.

I totally love that model though. Look, it's a heavy jacket you'll have for years, not a fashion trend. Save up.

Well, light but still warm seems like a winning combination to me. I'll put it on my list of things.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics