1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Paris Shopping: a 3 Day Trip (help needed)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Lightbringer, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Ike

Ike Senior member

As someone who's lived in Paris, I learned early on not to buy anything I could get stateside for half the price. The experience of interesting stores and unique items is key. There's not much you can't find in NYC, for example.

Charvet is a fantastic store, as others have noted. APC is fun, and back before it opened stateside, I used to go to the Muji store in the Marais a fair amount. I also agree that Bon Marche is the best you can do, stay away from Galeries Lafayette/Printemps - mall clothes.

I know it's cliche, but walking around the Marais can be fruitful, esp for streetwear. There's an APC around there, and some other fun streetwear stores I can't remember off the top of my head. Great editing at those places.

2. Wongtouski

Wongtouski Senior member

Grossly. I was so disappointed after going there. Such a walk too!

I saw cotton bracelets with a skull on it for 50 euros there. That place is severely overrated. Cool looking shop though.

OP: Hit up A.P.C., I bought a pair of pre-washed Jeans there that I haven't been able to find anywhere in HK. It was only 175 euros.

Of course the LV/Goyard/Charvet are must go's

3. Freddy Vandecasteele

Freddy Vandecasteele Senior member

Do not go to Paris for Chinese food
    If you want to see the best " Smalto"
    Everything is expensive Go to museums.
    Enjoy
    I worked there,when to school ,there a great city
    Freddy Vandecasteele

4. Northampton Novice

Northampton Novice Senior member

Go to the Hermes Boutique and buy a green breast wallet.

+1 LOL

5. jonnyt

jonnyt Senior member

think about two dudes lubing there penises with mayo and going at each other

But what are the guys wearing?
    And where in Paris did they buy it?

6. Lightbringer

Lightbringer Senior member

WTF?

7. Yooxaddict73

Yooxaddict73 Well-Known Member

Nah-nah-nah-lal-la-lal-la-la-nah. NO!!!

8. bapelolol

bapelolol Senior member

Any recommendations for outlet/surplus/Daffy like places? I was a bit disappointed with VallÃ[​IMG]e Village

9. Garfed

Garfed New Member

Certainly Charvet! And do not forget to go to the links and handkerchiefs, and even buy a pair of pajamas. They are expensive but are the best in the world, and you deserve it...

10. JDelage

JDelage Senior member

Walk all along the rue du Faubourg St Honore, from le Louvre to rue de la Boetie (roughly). You'll cross all the top designers, top watch and jewelry makers, and a score of vintage jewelry stores, including cufflinks. On the way stop at the Hermes store, and check out the John Lobb store that is attached to it.

From there make sure to do a side trip North to place Vendome to see the jewelry, and Charvet on the other side of the place. Also do a side trip South on rue Cambon to buy some Pierre Herme macaroons. Get at least 1 each of the Mogador (chocolate & passion fruit) & Rose.

On the other side of the Seine, the most interesting walk is probably rue du Bac, from the Seine to the Bon Marche. The small streets around the Bon Marche are interesting - lots of little boutique shops. When crossing Blvd St Germain, do a side trip Eastward to check out John Lobb & Edward Green on the other side of the Blvd. The small streets around rue du
    Bac are generally interesting, with more fashion the more South you go, and a large number of curio and antique shops between the Seine and the blvd St Germain.

Blvd St Germain is a fun walk too, mostly from rue St Jacques to rue du Bac. Make sure to get some chocolates at Patrick Roger, at number 108.

1 person likes this.
  11. w.o.e.is.me.

w.o.e.is.me. Senior member

Bump, cause i'll be there as well at the end of the month.
    very excited.
    I actually told myself I was going for the sights/experience and not to shop.

...ah, the lies that we tell ourselves.

12. DandySF

DandySF Senior member

Until now I'd forgotten about the Pierre Herme macarons mentioned above. I was sufficiently delighted with them that I took this picture a year ago. Worth a trip, as is a visit to any of the Laduree bakeries.

[​IMG]

13. GoneBabyGone

GoneBabyGone Well-Known Member

Scarlett for watchbands that are more reasonably priced than ABP