Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Paris in late August, early September

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by lbcgav, Jul 21, 2011.

1. lbcgav

lbcgav Senior member

My wife, 2-year old daughter and I will be visiting friends in Provence at the end of August, beginning of September, and we'll be staying in Paris for a few days before we head down there. I know there are plenty on this site that either live in Paris or have spent substantial time there, so what better place to ask for advice on where to go? Keep in mind, having a 2-year old with us will be the major constraint on where we'll be able to go. We'll be staying very close to the Eiffel Tower. Any suggestions on family friendly activities and relatively close restaurants would be greatly appreciated.

2. ruzzi

ruzzi Senior member

3. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

I was planning a trip to Paris in August and was told not to do it then b/c that's the month they all take off.

4. b1os

b1os Senior member

That's what I've heard, too. In summer, "all" Parisians go on holiday and therefore it's kinda empty.

Go visit Mariage Frères in the Marais quarter. IIRC there was a family with young children when we were there, too. A very nice place if you like tea and cake.

5. lbcgav

lbcgav Senior member

Appreciate the link.

Yes, I've heard that too, but this is the only time I've got off.

I think my wife would love this. Thank you.

6. ruzzi

ruzzi Senior member

Need some help!!

I need to hire a soloist (guitarist or pianist) who also sings for my wedding reception in Paris. There's only 15-20 people so a band might be too much.

I have been looking for the last few days and only found jazz-bang.com. But a bit too much jazz, looking for something more contemporary.

Anyone give some pointers?