• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paris hotel recoms (romantic) please

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, at the end of September I want to treat the gf for her birthday to a weekend in Paris. I'm interested in the left bank, maybe the 5th or 6th within easy walking of the Lux Gardens, Seine, etc. The hotel ought to be around 140euros per night and be in a quiet location, not a busy boulevard, have friendly service, etc.
So over to you. I know some of you have experience with this city and I'd be interested to hear what you advise.
thanks

Dr Gyggle

Reaction score
The Danemark Hotel in the 6th (or 5th... I always confuse the order) arrondisement is very nice. Contemporary decor with a minimalist air to it, but not too spartan. Staff is very helpful and friendly and it is well situated for the things you mention. Very popular though so contact them asap. I think they have a website...?

ABALO

Reaction score
Maybe slightly more expensive (from 150 €), but maybe a bit more romantic as well, you can try the Five Hotel, in the 5th, 5 min walk from le quartier Latin, les Arenes de Lutece and all...
Design rooms, "murs scintillants" and "lit a baldaquin" for the GF

http://www.thefivehotel.com/index.html

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found the Hotel Danemark reviews and plumbed for that one. Good reviews.

The other was a tad too Warhol/Bladerunnerish for our tastes. Not my idea of romantic, I'm afraid. Thanks all the same.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
My wife and I, partially for nostalgic reasons, have always favored the Hotel de l'abbey (probably butchered the spelling). It was once an abbey, so the rooms are quite small. But it's clean, pleasant, romantic, and conveniently located. Haven't been in years, so no idea if it's in your budget.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Britalian
Thanks for the Hotel d'Abbaye recommendation. It looks wonderful; stylishly restrained, as the blurb says. I'll certainly consider it another time when I'm a bit more flush.

for anyone interested: http://www.hotelabbayeparis.com/abba...-location.htm#

Looks like they've upgraded the appointments, and unfortunately the rates, since I was there years ago. It was relatively affordable then, at a time when I made less money than I do now (then again, the exchage rate was a lot better then). Have a great trip, wherever you end up staying.

Britalian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Grazie mille.

(I'll be paying with a Sterling Credit C. so a more favourable rate than for my Euros...)

cheers.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads