Paris Hilton

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Tokyo Slim, Feb 21, 2005.

1. PeterMetro

PeterMetro Senior member

At least Charo sang, the Gabor sisters acted, and Pia Zadora did a bit of both. (I'm not saying they did them well, but at least they did them). Paris Hilton hadn't done anything. Yet when she loses her dog, it makes national news broadcasts.

2. Renault78law

Renault78law Senior member

She's done stuff. She 'wrote' a book, models, acts, has her own show, etc. Her album is due to hit stores soon.

3. PeterMetro

PeterMetro Senior member

But this is all after she'd become famous. That's my point - she's parlayed her celebrity into a career, instead of the other way around.

4. Bradford

Bradford Current Events Moderator

Actually - I would argue that she parlayed her money (inheritance) into celebrity. I suppose you have to give her some credit for that - otherwise she would just be another anonymous heiress who shops, vacations in the Hamptons and doesn't work. Paris and to a lesser extent, her sister Nicki, very clearly decided to become celebrities and have done their best to make that happen. If she didn't want to be famous, would she have agreed to The Simple Life and the other celebrity activities she has done?

Bradford

5. PeterMetro

PeterMetro Senior member

True, but that's not actually DOING anything. I mean, coming from money is now enough to be famous? When will we see imageWIS on the cover of People?

6. Brian SD

Brian SD Moderator

One of the numbers was called and the answering machine recording was something to the effect of "drug and heroin rehab experts." or something.

7. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

Paris Hilton's celebrity is an inevitable result of our reality-TV culture.  Remember when Evan Marriott (the original "Joe Millionaire") was the biggest celebrity in the country?  The surprise is that real celebrities actually want to associate with her.  She just doesn't seem all that interesting.

8. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    Next week, I believe. [​IMG]

9. Bradford

Bradford Current Events Moderator

Right - but my point is - she could of just stayed out of the limelight, but instead she actively pursues it by doing reality shows, not using legal action to stop the distribution of her amateur sex tape and doing modeling and public appearances. So in some regards, she is doing something - albeit, not what most people would consider as work.

I mean - honestly - wouldn't her life be easier if she didn't choose to go out and film three seasons of The Simple Life. Yet, instead, she subjects herself to this "quasi" reality show in a quest to become famous - not just rich.

Bradford

10. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

(PeterMetro @ Feb. 22 2005,15:59) When will we see imageWIS on the cover of People?
    Next week, I believe. [​IMG]
    HAHAHAHA [​IMG] Jon.

11. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Originally Posted by imageWIS,Feb. 22 2005,14:06
    Eww. To all of it, ewww. I hate the way she looks, I hate what she represents, I hate the way she acts, I hate her nouveau riche lifestyle, I hate her lack of common sense / I hate that she wouldn't know what common sense was if Tom Paine came back from the grave and read it to her, I hate her being on the news when actual news events are going on, I hate her. Jon. (In case you missed it, I hate Paris Hilton)
    I'm wondering how much hate there would be if Ms. Hilton showed up at your doorstep wearing only a smile . . .
    Ok, I'll fuck her, but only on two conditions: A) She wears a bag over her head B) I am guaranteed complete immunity from any STD's Jon.

12. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

(Bradford @ Feb. 22 2005,16:22) Actually - I would argue that she parlayed her money (inheritance) into celebrity. I suppose you have to give her some credit for that - otherwise she would just be another anonymous heiress who shops, vacations in the Hamptons and doesn't work. Paris and to a lesser extent, her sister Nicki, very clearly decided to become celebrities and have done their best to make that happen. If she didn't want to be famous, would she have agreed to The Simple Life and the other celebrity activities she has done? Bradford
    True, but that's not actually DOING anything. I mean, coming from money is now enough to be famous? When will we see imageWIS on the cover of People?
    People? No. Forbes? Perhaps. Time? Could go hand-in-hand with Forbes. Jon.

13. PeterMetro

PeterMetro Senior member

Hysterical. And proof you have WAY too much time on your hands.

14. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    Hey, what do you expect?

I am 17 years old, and my father is one of the 19,413 billionaires hiding out in London's toniest 'burbs.

15. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

C'mon, Paris Hilton is no Amber Valletta, but she's not ugly either.  Unless you need the bag to prevent her from talking, in which case I agree.