• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paris Hilton loses her inheritance

TheHoff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have an idea how she can make $300 / hr.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ouch, owned by grandpappy.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think she'll be fine seeing as clubs give her bags full of cash just for showing her face...

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
I think she'll be fine seeing as clubs give her bags full of cash just for showing her face...

but that gravy train will crash and burn before she's 30.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek

Still, her wanton partying and directionlessness, in spite of the legacy and wealth she inherited, had a certain existential poignancy. Now, instead of her fame being this curious Mobius strip without any obvious genesis and to no discernable end, it will have a purpose (income.) And that kills a certain piquancy to me.

Vintage Gent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So Barron Hilton intends to give the bulk of his estate to charity, leaving his heirs with little or no inheritance. Back in 1979, when Conrad Hilton--Barron's father--died, the family patriarch did much the same to his children, leaving most of his resources to charitable organizations. And what did Barron Hilton do? He sued the estate and managed to extricate a huge financial chunk from his father's intended charities.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vintage Gent
So Barron Hilton intends to give the bulk of his estate to charity, leaving his heirs with little or no inheritance. Back in 1979, when Conrad Hilton--Barron's father--died, the family patriarch did much the same to his children, leaving most of his resources to charitable organizations. And what did Barron Hilton do? He sued the estate and managed to extricate a huge financial chunk from his father's intended charities.

Hahaha. Feeling guilty in his old age, I guess?

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vintage Gent

Perhaps Barron has better lawyers than Conrad did, since he has done precisely what his own heirs will probably do ...

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sure she doesn't care about $60mil, her parents are probably billionaires or close to it, especially after the sale recently of Hilton resorts.

Etienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by visionology
her parents are probably billionaires or close to it, especially after the sale recently of Hilton resorts.
Hum, no, it seems you have not read closely. The man who holds what's left of the family fortune is Barron Hilton, her grandfather. That's the man who is cutting her off.

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm just saying that her parents are already wealthy and in all likelyhood are going to give her money anyways (and probably already do) and her parents, one of which is the son of Barron, is probably going to get a large chunk of the family fortune which he will in turn pass onto Paris.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by visionology
I'm just saying that her parents are already wealthy and in all likelyhood are going to give her money anyways (and probably already do) and her parents, one of which is the son of Barron, is probably going to get a large chunk of the family fortune which he will in turn pass onto Paris.

This is all supposition, but it's entirely possible that her father only received some sort of trust from her grandfather who has held onto the lion's share of the inheritance.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads