• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paris goes to jail!

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mikeber
It's just envy. People don't like her because she does what she wants, she is rich and good looking. Most people do not enjoy such freedom. As with Martha Steward who fulfilled the American dream, everyone would like to be in her place. When she failed, it made people feel good. Kind of revenge. This thread says more about the people then about Paris Hilton.
Or maybe, just maybe, it's because she's a symbol for everything that's wrong with mundane, celebrity-obsessed middle America. I actually felt sorry for Martha Stewart because she was just being used as an example, however, anyone else in Paris Hilton's shoes would get the same treatment. Oh, and while you're entitled to your opinion, most guys I know actually don't think she's good-looking. She looks like a transvestite. I'd give her a 6 because she has nice skin and interesting bone structure.

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
It's just envy.
People don't like her because she does what she wants, she is rich and good looking. Most people do not enjoy such freedom. As with Martha Steward who fulfilled the American dream, everyone would like to be in her place. When she failed, it made people feel good. Kind of revenge.
This thread says more about the people then about Paris Hilton.

Don't commit the crime if you can't do the time, is what most people around here seem to be saying.

Aries

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jonglover
Or maybe, just maybe, it's because she's a symbol for everything that's wrong with mundane, celebrity-obsessed middle America.

I actually felt sorry for Martha Stewart because she was just being used as an example, however, anyone else in Paris Hilton's shoes would get the same treatment.

Oh, and while you're entitled to your opinion, most guys I know actually don't think she's good-looking. She looks like a transvestite. I'd give her a 6 because she has nice skin and interesting bone structure.

+1, my thoughts exactly. Despite the power/ riches of an individual, it is good to see people held appropriately accountable for their reckless behavior. Helps with the civility factor in a civilized society.

hopkins_student

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not "happy" to see Paris Hilton go to jail, but I am happy to see the law apply equally to everyone. I'd have been much "happier" had she followed the terms of her probation so that we wouldn't be talking about this now.

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Again? That would imply it was in the real world some time in the past. Never was, never will be.
+100000. That really was a brilliant comment
worship.gif

JB

Buickguy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hopkins_student
I'm not "happy" to see Paris Hilton go to jail, but I am happy to see the law apply equally to everyone.

Precisely!

MrRogers

Reaction score
It's just envy.
People don't like her because she does what she wants, she is rich and good looking. Most people do not enjoy such freedom. As with Martha Steward who fulfilled the American dream, everyone would like to be in her place. When she failed, it made people feel good. Kind of revenge.
This thread says more about the people then about Paris Hilton.

Maybe you should try reading everyones responses before maing that statement

MrR

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Poor Paris! She is no doubt a spoiled, arrogant, airhead flake, but she is so beautiful I could forgive here anything!

Set her free, I say!

Failing that, at least secure the lissome blonde from the lustful clutches of the dreaded "stud brides"!

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's just envy. People don't like her because she does what she wants, she is rich and good looking. Most people do not enjoy such freedom. As with Martha Steward who fulfilled the American dream, everyone would like to be in her place. When she failed, it made people feel good. Kind of revenge. This thread says more about the people then about Paris Hilton.
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
Boo-bloody-hoo. Sorry but: a) she is NOT that good looking (used-up blonde--headed hoe anyone?) and b) more importantly she disregarded the terms of her probation AND broke the law. AGAIN. If nothing else you should feel happy that she is no longer on the road endangering people. JLibourel: LOL

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
i'm canadian. km/h. And I'm not sure exactly. It was a souped-up street racing car.

Thought as much. Only a handful of cars can hit 220mph, in km/h it's more, uh, reasonable. Nasty though. Glad he did ok.

~ Huntsman

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman
Thought as much. Only a handful of cars can hit 220mph, in km/h it's more, uh, reasonable. Nasty though. Glad he did ok.

~ Huntsman

Yeah, wouldn't think that they'd get away with crashing a McLaren F1, Xj220 or Veyron just like that.

dirk diggler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they will segregate her so no dyke action, but lots of good camera phone shower shots from the guards!

i am glad this whore is getting jail time.

Reuters

Reaction score
Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife
i had a dream about paris last night-----that i was going to make an honest woman out of her. she took me for a ride in her sports car and i had to shut my eyes as she sped along the pacific coast highway.

inlove.gif

Are you sure thats all??
lol8[1].gif

Rome

Mr. Chocolates Godiva
Reaction score
Somehow she will still be considered a "role-model". Sometimes even when society wins the human virtue fails.

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
parishiltoncrotchshotxuv9.jpg

Is that Manton's shoe ??
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads