Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Paraboot Sizing

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Roger, Oct 23, 2006.

1. Roger

Roger Senior member

This is a pretty rinky-dink topic for a thread, but let me ask the question anyway: Can anyone tell me how sizing works out with Paraboot shoes? By this I mean, do they fit large? small? true to size? In other words, can we assume that a size 43 euro Paraboot shoe, for example, will be larger, smaller, or about the same size as other size 43 shoes?

2. Pressfan

Pressfan Well-Known Member

The Paraboot shoes I have (Avignon model, rubber soled), purchased in France, are sized with U.K. sizes. There is only one width, which I find to be wider than the North American average, although the dress shoes (leather soles) which I tried were not quite as wide. I take a North American "C" width, so I sized down one full size, but am most comfortable if I wear thick socks when I wear them.

I have never seen anything other than U.K. sizes marked on Paraboots. Perhaps it would be best to check the vendor to see if he is extrapolating a "Continental" size from what is marked on the shoes.

3. deaddog

deaddog Senior member

I have several pair of Paraboots. I typically wear a 9.5D US. I have P'boots in both 8.5F and 8F (UK sizing). The 8.5s are pretty comfortable (with the Avignon (split toe) in 8.5a tad big. The 8 (double monk) is a tad snug but wearable. FWIW I wear a 9 in Zegna couture, a 9.5 in Pliner and JM, a 42 in Taryn Rose, and 9.5 in new balance, nike, and merrell athletic shoes. For some odd reason, I can never find a pair of AE that are comfortable