• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paraboot Sizing

Roger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is a pretty rinky-dink topic for a thread, but let me ask the question anyway: Can anyone tell me how sizing works out with Paraboot shoes? By this I mean, do they fit large? small? true to size? In other words, can we assume that a size 43 euro Paraboot shoe, for example, will be larger, smaller, or about the same size as other size 43 shoes?

Pressfan

Reaction score
The Paraboot shoes I have (Avignon model, rubber soled), purchased in France, are sized with U.K. sizes. There is only one width, which I find to be wider than the North American average, although the dress shoes (leather soles) which I tried were not quite as wide. I take a North American "C" width, so I sized down one full size, but am most comfortable if I wear thick socks when I wear them.

I have never seen anything other than U.K. sizes marked on Paraboots. Perhaps it would be best to check the vendor to see if he is extrapolating a "Continental" size from what is marked on the shoes.

deaddog

Reaction score
I have several pair of Paraboots. I typically wear a 9.5D US. I have P'boots in both 8.5F and 8F (UK sizing). The 8.5s are pretty comfortable (with the Avignon (split toe) in 8.5a tad big. The 8 (double monk) is a tad snug but wearable. FWIW I wear a 9 in Zegna couture, a 9.5 in Pliner and JM, a 42 in Taryn Rose, and 9.5 in new balance, nike, and merrell athletic shoes. For some odd reason, I can never find a pair of AE that are comfortable

Henry Le

Reaction score
Hi all:

I live in Vietnam. I purchased my Paraboot Chambord Cafe from my friend who helped me purchase from Royalcheese (retail in France) a month ago and just gave it to me couple days ago due to her long traveling from France to Vietnam. Unfortunately, the shoes are not fitting as attached here: https://imgur.com/a/I33zr . But Royalcheese agreed to offer me an exchange so I'm looking for advice on choosing the new shoes size. The current shoes is 42 EU and as you can see the photo that I attached that I could put 1 and half of my fingers into gap.

FYI, my feet sizes are US 8.5 D and I'm wearing Alden shoes Aberdeen (fit to true size) sizing US 8.5 D perfectly. The brannock device sized my feet 8.5D. Thank you ahead to all for reading this and replying to this message.

Liam.C

Reaction score
Hi all:

I live in Vietnam. I purchased my Paraboot Chambord Cafe from my friend who helped me purchase from Royalcheese (retail in France) a month ago and just gave it to me couple days ago due to her long traveling from France to Vietnam. Unfortunately, the shoes are not fitting as attached here: . But Royalcheese agreed to offer me an exchange so I'm looking for advice on choosing the new shoes size. The current shoes is 42 EU and as you can see the photo that I attached that I could put 1 and half of my fingers into gap.

FYI, my feet sizes are US 8.5 D and I'm wearing Alden shoes Aberdeen (fit to true size) sizing US 8.5 D perfectly. The brannock device sized my feet 8.5D. Thank you ahead to all for reading this and replying to this message.

Hi, 42 EU is 8 UK (roughly 9 US). Since Chambord fits generously (wide), it's definitely too big for standard 8.5D feet. I guess you can get 7 UK (41 EU) if you don't wear thick socks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads