• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PARABOOT APPRECIATION THREAD 2018 - NEWS, PICTURES, CLOTHING, ACCESSORIES, ETC.

illiterate

Reaction score
3178E04B-E70F-4EF6-BC9C-8540A70E7AA0.jpeg

90F5FE16-F484-45E7-8867-53370CCF43C9.jpeg

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fear not, my Michaels from Cettire came out to $360 and arrived in the US in 4 days, no complaints.

That was my experience with my first time ordering from Cettire at the end of 2021, when I purchased a pair of Paraboots. I had forgotten until now that I actually made two (Paraboot) orders with them, one of which I returned and was refunded in a timely fashion. In that case I didn't mind the lack of proper packaging/the shoe box was still in decent condition.

My more recent experience was just a couple months ago. I'm guessing they are suffering from the same lack of Customer Support staff that is being seen across service industries. They have also no doubt taken steps to streamline their operations and consciously reduced their CS in policy if not personnel. It's also the case that Cettire (and Italist and others) are just platforms for unidentified vendors to sell merchandise, which comes with particular requirements as to the infrastructure you must have to facilitate this.

Whatever the cause, my more recent experience was pretty not great.

cabub

Reaction score
UPDATE: Wish I went down instead of up.
Wore the 43s over the last three days and averaged about 12 miles of city walking plus wearing around the house. Thick wool socks barely helped with the heel slip. Unfortunately the leather seems more pliable than I thought and is actually beginning to stretch/mold, so the tight toe box which was a concern with the 42.5 would’ve worked out fine. Can’t imagine breaking in the 43s more will alleviate the still present heel slip, as now I have even more room on the sides and in the toe box after just three days of wear. All anecdotal but hoping my experience may help others.
Hey how are your paraboots now? I'm kind of in the same boat as you...

cabub

Reaction score
paraboot-michael-marche-noire-lis-noir-715604-face_0.jpg

Selling size 42 us9 Michaels for $325. Worn three times but they just don't fit. Let me know if your interested.

tacitli

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been looking for size information and got many conflict ideas.

I usually wear US8 for Nike and NB and they fit just right. I had one pair of UK6.5 Paraboot Coraux which is a little bit tight for me (I can't wear medium-thickness socks at all or they will give me feet pain). I've also tried Paraboot Columbia for UK7 from Todd Snyder, they are too big that my heels always slipped out during walking. So I ended up returned it.

I consultant a Paraboot distributor for Michael sizing. After hearing my case they suggest 40.5 for normal wear, and 41 if we like thick socks. And they gave me an internal measurement of size 40.5 which is 26.8 cm which seems perfect for me since my bare foot length is 26.1 cm. So I guess my size for Michael should be 40.5. But I saw another Taiwan distributor of Paraboot who mainly sells Paraboot has a size guide suggesting 41.5 (on this page Staff A who has the same foot length as I do wears Michael in 41.5). That made me very confused

Anyone can shed some light on that? I will greatly appreciate that.

P.S. I'm looking for a specific BBR model of Michael which has a little bit more glossy coat compared to regular Michael. If somebody happened bought one, feel free to drop some comments on that model as well!

MaE

Reaction score
I have both the Chimey and Avignon in 7,5 and they both fit well. I’d say that there might be just a tad more room/space in the front of the Chimey because the last is a bit more round.

Just for information and even if this is personal, my sizes in all the shoes I own from Paraboot:

Avignon 7,5
Chambord x Arpenteur Chukka 8
Adonis (2x) 7,5
Reims 8
Chimey 7,5
Michael 7,5

Last edited:

skiro

Reaction score
I have both the Chimey and Avignon in 7,5 and they both fit well. I’d say that there might be just a tad more room/space in the front of the Chimey because the last is a bit more round.

Just for information and even if this personal, my sizes in all the shoes I own from Paraboot:

Avignon 7,5
Chambord x Arpenteur Chukka 8
Adonis (2x) 7,5
Reims 8
Chimey 7,5
Michael 7,5
Thanks so much. I have the Avignon, and wanted to order Chimey. Makes it easier for me

Treble

Reaction score
Do you know how is the fit for Chimey in comparison to Avignon. I had to break into my Avignons over 4-5 wears.

Chimey leather and lining was soft from the start in the Ebony color. Very comfortable, and you can lace them down nicely vs the Michael model if your foot needs that.

Only thing I don't like is that the side-lacing isn't functional.

skiro

Reaction score
Chimey leather and lining was soft from the start in the Ebony color. Very comfortable, and you can lace them down nicely vs the Michael model if your foot needs that.

Only thing I don't like is that the side-lacing isn't functional.
Thanks, I just placed the order(in Ebony) online with a retailer in France to ship here(India). They were in promotion thankfully :cool:

TonyStarks

Reaction score
Brought my Michael’s to the gentleman who cleans up my shoes, and he shined them (with what product, I do not know) and they look quite awful and have a bit of a seemingly waxy surface. Any advice on getting them back to normal?

xM.

Reaction score
For the multiple-Michael owners out there, what do you find's a bit more versatile: Black or Brown? Debating between the Cafe and the Noir and the coin flip keeps landing on the edge...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads