• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PARABOOT APPRECIATION THREAD 2018 - NEWS, PICTURES, CLOTHING, ACCESSORIES, ETC.

Jupiter_rain

Reaction score
Hey, guys. Have anyone of you worn Paraboots in winter?

Last edited:

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just arrived my first pair of Paraboot, I am very happy with them, the materials are really robust, very well made. I am impressed with the quality of the sole, very grippy and comfortable. No break in time needed.

They have the heft and presence I like for my shoes, I don't know if I would go for the Chambrod or the Michael but the Tournier and the Beaumont are certainly very nice models and might be added in my rotation.

Flawless service from Dychurch (thank you Steve).

IMG_9486.jpg
IMG_9487.jpg
IMG_9488.jpg
IMG_9485.jpg
IMG_9478.jpg
IMG_9480.jpg

gatormd

Reaction score
I'm sure since the time of your post, that the Michaels have broken in and the shoes travels much more fluidly than they did when new. Heel slip happens with this shoe for the mere reason that this shoe has a two eyelet lace system. There's not much holding the foot in here and consequently your foot wants to slip out. We do not recommend sizing down this shoe to make it fit, that will throw off the arch measurement. We like fitting with heavier socks, Paraboot feel so much better with loftier socks. Paraboot does not come in widths and do usually run wide but some run narrower than others. Avignon feels narrower because of its narrower toe box.
When buying any shoe that has such a rigid sole structure like Paraboot, you must understand that these type of shoes require some break in.

To excelerate the break in, we do this:
  • From the arch side of the shoe, grab the shoe so that your thumb lands inside the shoe at the section where the ball of your foot would rest.
  • Now, placing the shoe on a table or your leg so the toe box extends over the edge, lift the front of the shoe up and back a few time to simulate breaking in as though you were actually walking them around.
  • You have now broken in the sole at the ball of the foot and you will experience a shoe that travels better than a fresh pair out of the box.
  • Add a heel gripper (we like the suede one)
  • Add a tongue pad only if your instep is shallow and you find the bluchers come close together when you lace them.
  • Add a full length insole if you have narrow feet and must own a pair.
  • Wear them a thousand miles and have a Paraboot Authorized Shoe Repair restore life back into them.
  • Yup! we are.
Do you recommend same size for chambord and Michael? Thanks

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

KPDarb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Drinkwaters any recommendation on sizing for first time US buyer? Usual uk size is 10.5 and US is 11 or 11.5 depending on last, Alden Tb, modified, 379, Barrie all 11D. usually wear a 45 in euro size bc toe boxes tend to run narrow but wondering if a chambord will work in a 44.5 with the toe space.
thanks in advance🙏

carterneeld

Reaction score
Hi all, cross-referencing a pair of Paraboot Chambord that I am selling on the Buy/Sell thread. Excellent chance to get a pair of barely-used Paraboots for a fraction of the price.

Size 8.5 US / 7.5 UK

Attachments

• IMG_1010.jpeg
    IMG_1010.jpeg
    394.1 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_1008.jpeg
    IMG_1008.jpeg
    265.2 KB · Views: 241
Reaction score
Could anyone comment on sizing differences between the Avignon and the Michael, if any. I just got a pair of Michaels in 42.5 (8.5 UK) which initially fit very snugly and then had some heel slippage, very similar to what someone describes here. Depending on how the shoes continue to wear, I'll probably take the extra measures they describe (cork insoles and a pad under the tongue). Now I'm looking at buying a pair of Avignons in suede but am unsure if I should go with the same size. I've seen commenters here say they get the same size in the Avignons and the Michaels and others who say they only size up for the Michaels. Thanks!

Howfener

Reaction score
Is there any difference between these two pairs of Avignons? The sole stitching looks different in the photographs but I’m not sure whether Paraboot makes one version with contrast stitching and one without, or if it’s just (for example) the lighting.

Reaction score
Is there any difference between these two pairs of Avignons? The sole stitching looks different in the photographs but I’m not sure whether Paraboot makes one version with contrast stitching and one without, or if it’s just (for example) the lighting.

I was wondering this same thing too. I don't know for sure. If I had to guess, I'd say there's only one model out there (not one with or without contrasting stitching). The last picture on the End link looks like the contrasting stitching vs. the non-contrast in the first picture on End.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think they are the same. Differences due to lighting. I bought the same model this time last year.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads