• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PARABOOT APPRECIATION THREAD 2018 - NEWS, PICTURES, CLOTHING, ACCESSORIES, ETC.

Jupiter_rain

Reaction score
Hi, all. I get more and more paracurious with every new day! Wonder what are good places to check for discounted Paraboot Michaels? Are these considered classical shoes in general or are they more of a trend piece?

MaE

Reaction score
Well, the Michael was launched in the 1950’s if I remember correctly, so it definitely isn’t something trendy even if in the last few years Tyrolean shoes in general have gained in popularity. I personally think you can’t go wrong if you get a pair of Michael in a classic color (brown, burgundy, black). Regarding discounts, I think the Michael might be one of the hardest model to get on sale since it is a bestseller for Paraboot and considering that in the last few months demand > supply.

Jupiter_rain

Reaction score
Thanks. What about discounts for Paraboot Chambord? They seem more like derbies and a bit dressier as well. I also found one of the last pairs of brown/oxblood Michaels in a reseller store online. Do they fit true to size or usually the smaller size fits better? My ordinary shoe size is 43 (EU).

lineate

Reaction score
I bought my black leather Avignon from Stuart’s in London with a 20% off code. They often have a code that can applied to anything. https://www.stuartslondon.com/

I bought my black leather Michael from Trunk in London with 30% end of season sale. For once the last pair in stock was my size 46!

I can suggest buying from the U.K. right now, especially if you don’t live here. Our currency is exchanging at record lows and many retailers will remove VAT for export. Obviously each situation is unique but that combination of exchange rate and VAT discount may be very compelling for you, even with you import costs.

Jupiter_rain

Reaction score
I bought my black leather Avignon from Stuart’s in London with a 20% off code. They often have a code that can applied to anything. https://www.stuartslondon.com/

I bought my black leather Michael from Trunk in London with 30% end of season sale. For once the last pair in stock was my size 46!

I can suggest buying from the U.K. right now, especially if you don’t live here. Our currency is exchanging at record lows and many retailers will remove VAT for export. Obviously each situation is unique but that combination of exchange rate and VAT discount may be very compelling for you, even with you import costs.

Thank you so much! I already noticed that some UK retailers have slightly lower prices. My major concern about buying from the UK market is that there may be additional custom taxes when shipping to the EU and the final price might become significantly higher. What about the size? Do they fit true to size or is it smart to order a smaller size by 0.5 - 1?

garp

Reaction score
Yet another fit dilemma...any insight is appreciated in advance!
I typically wear a U.S. 10. Received a 43 and 42.5 in the Paraboot Michael (cafe). With dress socks (what I wear daily), the 42.5 fit perfect length wise but are tight (to the point of discomfort) on the widest part of the foot (specifically the two outer toes and ball of my big toe), whereas with the 43, the width is perfect but am experiencing mild heel slip. I can fit the first knuckle but not my entire index into the heel...if I push my toes to the front. My foot isn't coming out when I walk, but it still feels awkward...some have said this is due to the tough sole and break-in needed for Paraboots. Typically I'd go with the smaller size and hope that the leather stretches/molds to my foot so my toe box wouldn't feel so tight with the 42.5, but I've read the Paraboot leather is strong/unforgiving so I'm not banking on that and instead am hoping if I wear wool/thicker socks AND that my foot settles into the inner sole that the 43s will be the better option and heel slip will go away.
Again any opinion is valued. Thanks :)

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Yet another fit dilemma...any insight is appreciated in advance!
I typically wear a U.S. 10. Received a 43 and 42.5 in the Paraboot Michael (cafe). With dress socks (what I wear daily), the 42.5 fit perfect length wise but are tight (to the point of discomfort) on the widest part of the foot (specifically the two outer toes and ball of my big toe), whereas with the 43, the width is perfect but am experiencing mild heel slip. I can fit the first knuckle but not my entire index into the heel...if I push my toes to the front. My foot isn't coming out when I walk, but it still feels awkward...some have said this is due to the tough sole and break-in needed for Paraboots. Typically I'd go with the smaller size and hope that the leather stretches/molds to my foot so my toe box wouldn't feel so tight with the 42.5, but I've read the Paraboot leather is strong/unforgiving so I'm not banking on that and instead am hoping if I wear wool/thicker socks AND that my foot settles into the inner sole that the 43s will be the better option and heel slip will go away.
Again any opinion is valued. Thanks :)

Geez...Wear loftier socks and don't size down! Just say'n it again.

garp

Reaction score
UPDATE: Wish I went down instead of up.
Wore the 43s over the last three days and averaged about 12 miles of city walking plus wearing around the house. Thick wool socks barely helped with the heel slip. Unfortunately the leather seems more pliable than I thought and is actually beginning to stretch/mold, so the tight toe box which was a concern with the 42.5 would’ve worked out fine. Can’t imagine breaking in the 43s more will alleviate the still present heel slip, as now I have even more room on the sides and in the toe box after just three days of wear. All anecdotal but hoping my experience may help others.

DuckOB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Putting some shoes away for winter straightening closet and saw these questions on sizing. Hope it helps Here is a side by side of 2 pairs of paraboots with Alden and thuya. Top to bottom. Alden 9 e, paraboot 8.5 Avignon, Alden 8.5d, paraboot Salins 8.5, thuya 8

32856714-A835-4F18-B69E-C7B6DFC1EBA0.jpeg

gnu

Reaction score
How does the Reims sizing compare to the Michaels? I'm a 44 in the Michaels for a snug but comfortable fit. Should I but a 44 in the Reims? Thanks.

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
How does the Reims sizing compare to the Michaels? I'm a 44 in the Michaels for a snug but comfortable fit. Should I but a 44 in the Reims? Thanks.

Yes, they are very comparable in fit and we would suggest a snug fit on a slip on shoe. Currently, these are in stock in Cafe in your size.

MaE

Reaction score
Well, take my advice with a grain of salt but I have Michaels, Avignons, Adonis/Dax x2 in the same size (7,5UK) and had to size up half a size for my pair of Reims loafers (8UK) because otherwise the fit would have been too snug. Interestingly, the shop owner of the official Paraboot store where I bought them told me that he also has to size up half a size when he takes a pair of Reims loafers for himself compared to most of the other Paraboot shoes that he owns.

JayDotz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have an unworn pair of michaels I’m selling. No box (tossed it before realizing I would like a half size larger).

Size 43
Whiskey Suede
Bags included
$315 shipped in the USA

7F57F35A-503A-48D6-9B69-900B85E050DC.jpeg

Last edited:

illiterate

Reaction score
For fellow Canadians, Blue Button Shop in Toronto is now carrying Paraboot. Not as big of a collection that Lost & Found has but always good to have another local stockist.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads