• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PARABOOT APPRECIATION THREAD 2018 - NEWS, PICTURES, CLOTHING, ACCESSORIES, ETC.

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Iskander wearing the Avignon in brown suede today for the first time (they were an Xmas gift) and I can't stress enough how surprised I am that they actually fit. I ended up with a half size down from my normal UK size of 10, which is 1.5 down from my US Brannock size 11.

For reference I have slightly wide feet but still a D width and slightly high volume/instep. Plenty of length in Paraboot's 9.5UK/43.5EU with no pinky toe discomfort.

Very impressed with Clutch Cafe even though they made a mistake, they quickly rectified the situation and their sizing advice was spot on.

View attachment 1726707 View attachment 1726708

I bought the Sanders Brit Chukka from Clutch earlier this year and they recommended a half size down from regular Sanders size and it worked out great! I'd have been swimming in my standard Sanders size.

Hello, can you share more information about these shoes.

Regards

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello, can you share more information about these shoes.

Regards
Avignon in brown suede, I think they call it Brown velours congo. I ordered from Clutch Cafe in London but they don't have it in stock. If you are in the US, @Drinkwaters can order them for you and provide sizing advice. I suspect they could help if you are outside the US as well.

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Avignon in brown suede, I think they call it Brown velours congo. I ordered from Clutch Cafe in London but they don't have it in stock. If you are in the US, @Drinkwaters can order them for you and provide sizing advice. I suspect they could help if you are outside the US as well.

Thank you, regards

JayDotz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Clearing out some pairs that don’t fit.
Size UK8
Whisky Avignon
No box, shoes and bags only
Worn maybe 5 times
$225 shipped in the USA

79E4891F-4052-4799-820C-A8D5D3E6703F.jpeg
51FB56DE-BD18-4D07-BFCE-F3A545166855.jpeg
1CF589E2-9AE1-468C-8CA1-7D0940C2B1B9.jpeg
F7EDE6CB-325B-4521-90B9-8545230398D5.jpeg

JayDotz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Michael in cafe brown
Size 42.5
Worn less that 5 times
No box, shoes and bags only
$225 shipped in the USA

20B13687-8F8B-44E3-91B5-F78E83F061C3.jpeg
05149C64-7185-4CEA-B58C-16A17B949BAE.jpeg
6D6F5382-361D-4799-A5EB-1A47E1CC7836.jpeg
15D1A004-1931-4DB8-83A5-94B35094C02B.jpeg
2363BF99-6B77-449D-AC27-E01714819AAE.jpeg

Hotrahd

Reaction score
Bought the Michaels in black from Totem. Started with a 43.5 because so many folks said these "run large" and to go a half size smaller. (I'm a 10.5-11US or UK 10 with a medium-narrow foot and heel.) I returned them because the 43.5 was too short. The 44EU arrived and the fit is ideal with room to wiggle my toes and a nice snug fit over my instep when laced.
I’m a 10.5 US to 11 US as well and I tried the Michaels on in 43.5 and I found them to stop a bit short as well. The 44 felt better for me to wiggle my toes also.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m a 10.5 US to 11 US as well and I tried the Michaels on in 43.5 and I found them to stop a bit short as well. The 44 felt better for me to wiggle my toes also.

Glad the sizing worked out. Plus, Paraboot does "break-in" but it takes multiple wears and a good 10+ miles of walking to where they really feel nice. I found putting shoe trees in them and tying them helped to mold to the most comfortable shape, especially around the tongue.

MaE

Reaction score
I don’t really know why but I’m kind of attracted by Paraboot as a company… I guess it has something to do with the fact that the company is family owned, produces honest and nicely made shoes and doesn’t spend tons and tons of money to promote their products on the internet and/or in ****** fashion magazines.

I dress kind of casually and I think I could live with only these 4 pair of shoes + maybe a pair of white sneakers if I once really need to narrow my shoe collection down. For reference these are Adonis loafers x2, Avignon x1 and Michales x1, all in size 7,5UK/41,5EU.

633D5CBF-91EC-40BD-86FE-DA49765D5BB4.jpeg

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t really know why but I’m kind of attracted by Paraboot as a company… I guess it has something to do with the fact that the company is family owned, produces honest and nicely made shoes and doesn’t spend tons and tons of money to promote their products on the internet and/or in ****** fashion magazines.

I dress kind of casually and I think I could live with only these 4 pair of shoes + maybe a pair of white sneakers if I once really need to narrow my shoe collection down. For reference these are Adonis loafers x2, Avignon x1 and Michales x1, all in size 7,5UK/41,5EU.

View attachment 1812411

Very nice, I am thinking on a pair of Avignon but couldn't purchase them yet. Can you pleaseshare more pictures of your Avignons?

MaE

Reaction score
Very nice, I am thinking on a pair of Avignon but couldn't purchase them yet. Can you pleaseshare more pictures of your Avignons?

Sure, what kind of pictures do you want? Any particular angle, setup, ... ?

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sure, what kind of pictures do you want? Any particular angle, setup, ... ?

Hello, thank you for your mail, maybe some pics from top, lateral or others that you consider that might help.

Regards

Popvulture

Reaction score
Hi everyone — based on a lot of the posts in this thread, it seems pretty par for the course that I have a sizing question.

I've always wanted a pair of Michaels but have had a hard time finding them ina 46 or 47. I tried them in a 45 back when Standard and Strange carried them, but I had to send them back because they were crushingly small. Now I have the opportunity to get a pair in either size, but I'd very much appreciate some help nailing it because sending them back overseas will be pretty costly if they don't fit.

I wear a 13 in most shoes — in boots that run large like Viberg, Lofgren, and Iron Rangers, I wear a 12, although often my toes are right at the end. Based on the way the 45s fit me, I'd imagine the 47s would be the way to go, but seemingly every place I look, people are saying they sized down in these.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance!

thatboyo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I‘d get the larger size. If your toes were cramped against a 45, they would be even at best with a 46 and Michaels are better off with some room in the front. Or buy both to try on and just eat the return cost. Better than buying one and then always wondering if other size is better.

Not sure if PayPal still has that offer where they cover shipping back up to $30 but it would soften the blow if you pay through them.

Popvulture

Reaction score
Ahh yep, that's my line of thinking as well — seeing that there's not a huge amount of length between two EU sizes, I can't imagine one size up would feel too much better. Plus I found two different pairs of EU 47s in my closet, and neither really have any room to spare, so if there's a little extra in the Michael, it couldn't hurt.

Thanks for chiming in on that, and for the PayPal shipping tip as well. Wasn't aware of that, will take a look and see if it's still around.

lineate

Reaction score
I’m in a weird way with a new pair of Michael.

I always a US 13, UK 12, EU 46. The rare exception is that I wear a US 12, UK 11 in Red Wing Mocs and my Paraboot Avignon.

I have flat feet, and walk almost everywhere in London, so I love the comfort and support Paraboot rubber sole.

My first pair of Paraboot was an Avignon, which I ended up buying in UK 11. This shoe fits perfectly, except for a tiny bit of rubbing on my little toe toward the end of the day (which Apple tells me is usually like 11 km).

I recently added a Michael to my collection.

The 45 (11 UK) I tried was way, way too short in length. Crushed my toes. The 46 (12 U.K.) felt much better, I bought that. Half sizes at the high end of the spectrum aren’t so readily available, but judging by how uncomfortable the 45s were, I don’t think I would have got on with a 45.5.

I’ve worn them twice on days where I’ve walked, again, about 11 km around town. The right heel has begun to slip a bit, where the left doesn’t slip too bad. All in all, they’re very comfortable and supportive, but the right ankle got rubbed a bit raw by the slippage. Today I tried putting some super thin leather insoles in, but the toes got a bit too tight.

I’m at a bit of a loss here. Have I got the wrong size? Is my foot just wrong for this shoe? Do I just need to break them in a bit more? Maybe save them for autumn with thick old socks?

Any advice from more experienced feet much appreciated :)

edit: my 11 Avignon is bigger / longer than my 12 Michael, which is funny

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics