• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PARABOOT APPRECIATION THREAD 2018 - NEWS, PICTURES, CLOTHING, ACCESSORIES, ETC.

Wesley Crusher

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been looking for a nice pair of Chelseas to wear this winter and by chance stumbled on the Paraboot Elevage. I love the chunkier look and Norwegian welt. I purchased a pair, but having never tried on a pair of Paraboots, I am not sure of my size. I usually wear 11.5/12 UK and I went with a size 46. I'll report back with how they fit.

10-11-2020_JB_ARP-PBCHLS-BR_1_1.jpg

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found these interesting especially at the price. I love a good Norwegian welt but would like some thoughts on these.

I usually wear a 12 in tennis shoes, a 11.5 in most dress shoes and boots. I assume a 44.5 is the right size?

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found these interesting especially at the price. I love a good Norwegian welt but would like some thoughts on these.

I usually wear a 12 in tennis shoes, a 11.5 in most dress shoes and boots. I assume a 44.5 is the right size?

You are probably right in your assumption of the 44.5 but FWIW, I've had bad luck with some of the Paraboot lasts running a bit more narrow than expected, specifically the Avignon (which looks like a similar last as the Tourneir that you posted). I recently bought a pair of the Clusaz shoe from Standard & Strange and I had the same concerns about sizing. I reached out to S&S at the email address they list with some questions and comparisons and they responded pretty quickly. They're advice was spot on.

illiterate

Reaction score
Sizing down 0.5 worked for me when it came to the Avignon. I found them much more comfortable and easier to break in than the Chambords.

Jlancia

Reaction score
Just picked up some Avignons which the seller advertised as 42 (my normal size). They fit identical to my tagged 42 Michael's but are tagged 9 (per image). Has paraboot ever used US size tagging?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210314-112100_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20210314-112100_eBay.jpg
    324.6 KB · Views: 218
  • Screenshot_20210314-112448_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20210314-112448_eBay.jpg
    344.6 KB · Views: 372

JayDotz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just picked up some Avignons which the seller advertised as 42 (my normal size). They fit identical to my tagged 42 Michael's but are tagged 9 (per image). Has paraboot ever used US size tagging?

Yes Avignon’s are marked in numerical size but if I’m not mistaken they use UK size. So those are a UK9 / 43

Jlancia

Reaction score
Yes Avignon’s are marked in numerical size but if I’m not mistaken they use UK size. So those are a UK9 / 43

Ah interesting - they fit identically to my UK8/42 Michaels so I was a bit surprised; must just be the last

Wrenkin

Reaction score
Michaels run large for most people. I have wide feet, and my size 7 UK Avignons are a little snug with regular-weight socks socks. The 41 Michaels are a little loose with medium to heavy socks. I would probably have to size down if I had narrower feet.

dum_surfer

Reaction score
Hi, sorry if this is a redundant Q - I'm looking to get a pair of Michaels, and I'm finding the sizing just terribly confusing. I'm typically a US 9 in sneakers - New Balance/Vans, and an 8/8.5 in Clarks...would I be a 41 in the Michaels? Thanks so much...

mxgreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Todd Snyder has two Michael models on sale;

In Lisse Marron (brown) calf in 43.5 (US10.5) from $527 to $349 -

And, in Vegetal Camel (natural) calf in 42 (US 9) and 45 (US 12) $520 to $349 -

terrorsquad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Planning to get my first Paraboot ienthe Avignons in dark brown suede.I wear US8D in the Alden Barrie last and USD8.5 in the Aberdeen last while UK7.5 for Edward Green.Any suggestions on sizing?Was thinking Uk7.5 but based on my reading seems UK7 is also an option

illiterate

Reaction score
Size down half from your brannock size. Worked well for me when it came to Paraboot.

dum_surfer

Reaction score
Hey guys, finally bit the the bullet and got a pair of the Michaels. Absolutely love them, but I have noticed that my heel can slip if I let it. The shoe travels, but the heel digs every so slightly, and I can slide my heel up and down the shoe a bit if I try to. Is this a problem? I've heard they are supposed to fit super snug, whereas I'd say these merely fit snug (in the forefoot). Toes are not quite touching the end, but a lot closer than I'm used to still.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads