• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PARABOOT APPRECIATION THREAD 2018 - NEWS, PICTURES, CLOTHING, ACCESSORIES, ETC.

illiterate

Reaction score
@Drinkwaters do you happen to know if they ever make the Paraboot Michael Lisse Café/Vison in half sizes? 9.5UK works the best for me but no stockist seems to carry that. Much appreciated!

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Drinkwaters do you happen to know if they ever make the Paraboot Michael Lisse Café/Vison in half sizes? 9.5UK works the best for me but no stockist seems to carry that. Much appreciated!
Michael is the only shoe they make that is available in metric sizes only. If I were you, I would consider the 44 but only if you plan on wearing them with heavy socks. Michael is the most difficult to fit, mainly because it is only a two eyelet lace which doesn't afford much lacing power to hold the foot in place. Foot structure also plays a part. If you have a narrow foot, Paraboot is not the shoe for you because they only make one width per style and most are D +. Some people will size down 1/2 size to get a snugger fit bit this most likely will lead to toe jamb and the arch not fitting correctly. Hopes this helps!

illiterate

Reaction score
I tried a 44 at a stockist last year but the heel slip was very noticeable, even with thick socks. Went down to a 43 with thin socks and it felt fine but over time I started getting toe cramping and wasn't comfortable. I think 43.5 is the size for me when it comes to Michael. I have the Chambords in 9.5UK and they're great. It just seems like a lot of colors of the Michael aren't offered in half sizes, or they're just very hard to find outside of France.

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I tried a 44 at a stockist last year but the heel slip was very noticeable, even with thick socks. Went down to a 43 with thin socks and it felt fine but over time I started getting toe cramping and wasn't comfortable. I think 43.5 is the size for me when it comes to Michael. I have the Chambords in 9.5UK and they're great. It just seems like a lot of colors of the Michael aren't offered in half sizes, or they're just very hard to find outside of France.
Let us know what you want, we'll make the inquiry. If they have it, we'll let you know. We do order styles of Paraboot for customers that are outside of our offering but they have to be Final Sale. Paraboot does not allow us to return shoes.

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
You will always experience heel slip in any of the Paraboot styles that use a heavy rubber sole. This will subside and the shoe will travel after about a half a dozen wears.

Last edited:

Kochegar

Reaction score
Hi

Do you know if Bergerac boots size big or true to size?
How are they sized compared to Avignons?

Thanks

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi

Do you know if Bergerac boots size big or true to size?
How are they sized compared to Avignons?

Thanks
I would buy the same size as you do in Avignon. However, if these will be your cold weather boots and you plan on wearing heavy socks, you might want to consider a 1/2 size up. "Tight shoes, cold feet"

BlakeRVA

Reaction score
Curious if anyone has ever done a Split Size order with Paraboot?

I ordered a Size 41 in the Michael last year, but sent them back due to excessive heel slippage for my right foot (they fit my left foot nicely). I ended up settling on a Size 40.5 and wrote off the discomfort in my left foot to the 'break-in' process, but after 20+ wears I'm quite confident they're too small. Anyways, I need a Size 41 and 40.5 for my different feet and I was curious if anyone has had luck with this?

Thanks!
Blake

rlenoir

Reaction score
Hello, does anyone have Bergerac or Neuilly boots? I'm curious how they fit and how they look on the feet.

illiterate

Reaction score
Hello, does anyone have Bergerac or Neuilly boots? I'm curious how they fit and how they look on the feet.
If you're looking for someone in North America who sells the Bergerac model, Miloh Shop in Vancouver does. His online store isn't updated but he mentioned he has them in stock as of a few weeks ago. Worth messaging/emailing him.

JDelage

Reaction score
I have had the Bergerac in nubuck. Just sold them on eBay because they were too small for me. I have the Neuilly. Do you have any specific question? The Neuilly are "smart casual", whereas the Bergerac have more of a workwear styling.

Cheshire symposium

Reaction score
Looking to pick up the Avignon in dark brown grain, but struggling to find a online stockist in the UK or EU for that model. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

illiterate

Reaction score
Looking to pick up the Avignon in dark brown grain, but struggling to find a online stockist in the UK or EU for that model. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Drake's carries them but they're not in stock now. I had a pair of Avignon in dark brown grain from there but ended up selling them. Might be worth reaching out to them to see if there will be a restock.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads