Paper Denims

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by glick, Sep 18, 2006.

1. glick

glick Member

I have never owned a pair of premium denim jeans, i dont really understand what that means or whats the difference between old navy's and nudies.

Well i have been looking alot for a good deal on jeans and i think i found a good one.

can someone please reply with what they think about them and which ones are the best looking?

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_p_...20Denim&page=1

2. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

Stay away from Paper. The brand's been bought out and heavily diluted, both before and after the takeover. Quality's generally pretty unimpressive, at this point.

3. VMan

VMan Senior member

Its a shame, they made a nice pair of jeans 3-4 years ago, but sadly quality has really declined.

4. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

Yeah, some of the PDCs I got in 2002-2003 are among my favorite jeans but the current offerings are unimpressive, go for ES instead if you want somehting with a similar look.

5. VMan

VMan Senior member

My first pair of PDCs were purchased from Marshalls for $22 in about 2003, so I figure the pair was made around 2002. They have held up great, and have probably been washed 20-25 times or so with only minimal fading. The model is ICN i believe, and the wash is 'Clone' which has a cool slight graycast effect to it.

6. weiyung

weiyung Member

if you like the wash, at that price it's still a pretty good buy. Haven't been too impressed with PDC jeans recently, however I would deal hunt to see if you can get deals on something else. Try da'mage jeans/earnest sewn, you can find these at times at nordstrom rack.

7. weirdnjfan1

weirdnjfan1 Senior member

They're a good jean for the price, but the quality has gone down over the years. Try and hit up a Nordstrom's Rack, Neiman Marcus Last call or Saks Off 5th for deal on them and to look at some ES.

8. dusty

dusty Senior member

My first pair of PDCs were purchased from Marshalls for $22 in about 2003, so I figure the pair was made around 2002. They have held up great, and have probably been washed 20-25 times or so with only minimal fading. The model is ICN i believe, and the wash is 'Clone' which has a cool slight graycast effect to it.

Do you think the ICN can still be worn without looking too dated? The bootcut is fairly pronounced.

9. cheapmutha

cheapmutha Senior member

Do you think the ICN can still be worn without looking too dated? The bootcut is fairly pronounced.
    sure... with a bit of help from a sewing machine.

10. VMan

VMan Senior member

Right - I haven't been wearing them as much lately, but broke them out the other day. They don't fit very slim on me - they are probably one size too large, but since they are looser, the bootcut doesn't look too bad.

I have a few pairs of bootcut PDCs that might get slimmed up w/ a sewing machine. However, I have muscular thighs and I think the bootcut sihlouette looks more balanced on me than straight or tapered leg denim.

11. glick

glick Member

what length are these? I am planning on getting two pairs for 80 bucks with another coupon. I am 5"7

12. glick

glick Member

13. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

My PDC jeans from the early days are still my favorites. And I couldn't care less what the current style is, bootcut jeans look 1000% better on me than skinny straight legs.

14. Steve B.

Steve B. Go Spurs Go

Word.

15. glick

glick Member

yea yea, i get that but im only 5'7 in high school, will these be too long on me? pls i need some help