• We would like to welcome Arterton as an official Affiliate Vendor. Arterton, based in the UK, specializes in fine accessories such as garment bags, umbrellas, and shoe care, as well as fine shoes and boots from Yearn Footwear Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Paper Denim jeans -- why so cheap?

HalfCanvas

Reaction score
I was on a site called revolve clothing (or something like that) and noticed that PDC jeans were about $98 - $110. And it appeared that these were NOT sale prices. If I remember correctly, PDC jeans used to retail in the $180 range. Have they suddenly gotten cheaper due to decreased quality in materials or construction? Have they started outsourcing?

Rome

Mr. Chocolates Godiva
Reaction score
There were some articles on this last year, iirc they're now being made in Mexico and the quality of consturction has deffinately gone down. Due to too many players in the high end denim category the company made a consious effort to become more of an entry level jean, they are now sold at Macy's and no longer at Saks. You can still get your hands on the older pairs at C21, they retail there for about the same price.

davis98

Reaction score
The new cuts IMO dont seem as nice as the older stuff

blank

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're also being sold at Urban Outfitters. I got a pair of the SLM 3-year from Urban for $100 and they are really nice. I can't wear raw denim all the time, so I need a versatile pair of jeans, and these are perfect. They are soft and comfortable and they fit my body very well. They certainly aren't the best constructed pair of jeans -- the back pocket ripped at the seam a few weeks in, but I was able to sew it back -- but I like them for $100.

I should edit this. I don't think they were worth $100, considering I paid $160 for my RRDS and $170 for my 5EP Low Down Resins. I think the jeans deserve a price point around $60, but what I was getting at is that don't regret paying $100 because I've gotten so much from them.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It's a shame the company went downhill. I have a lot of pairs from their early days and they are still the best fitting jeans on me that I've ever tried on.

SJC83

Reaction score
Ernest Sewn leaves and look what happens.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PDC have been seen at Costco, Sam's Club, and the likes.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw a pair the other day at TJMaxx. $29.99 + another 25% off. Should have bought them and flipped over onto eBay.

bk4

Reaction score
My girlfriend got two pairs at a TJ Maxx for $12 each last year.

no_pseudonym

Reaction score
I saw a pair at Value Village a few weeks ago for something like $10...but it was too big at the waist so I didn't take them :S

Featured Sponsor

Friday Challenge "Suited and Booted" VOTE NOW

• An Acute Style

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Bernoulli

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Brennenman

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • cr2596

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Crafty Cumbrian

Votes: 3 9.4%