• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paper Denim Code Question

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
I was surfing the net and stumbled across two interesting pairs of PDC's: one labelled 2-FLO-33, and another labled sometihng-MPH-31. Wondering if anyone has ANY idea what these are, when they're from, if they're even men's or just mis-labelled women's?

Sevcom

Reaction score
The MPH is a men's jean, bootcut in the Filter wash.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am wearing some MPH right now - slightly higher waist than the GTO,a wee bit narrower through the thigh and knee, bootcut *seems* to start around the knee. But I cannot really describe them that well.

Adendum:
2-MPH-14 are the ones I am wearing. Button fly, filtering is rather minimal (unlike the MPO I also have).

ktothe

Reaction score
One More PDC question:

I have a pair of 2-slm-17 Grey Scales that I love and I want to get one more pair but one size smaller, however I cant find them anywhere. They look simillar to the SLM 1 Years though. Any ideas?

I'll probably just try the SLM 1 Years...

Augusto86

Reaction score
Another question: do older LTD models, such as the 2-LTD-02, fit differently than new ones like 2-LTD-70? Or is it exactly the same fit in different washes?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Augusto86
Another question: do older LTD models, such as the 2-LTD-02, fit differently than new ones like 2-LTD-70? Or is it exactly the same fit in different washes?

I've noticed that newer model LTD models are a little wider through the butt and thighs than older models (much like newer Seven bootcuts - the first runs were super fitted through the thighs).

Augusto86

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
I've noticed that newer model LTD models are a little wider through the butt and thighs than older models (much like newer Seven bootcuts - the first runs were super fitted through the thighs).

LAGuy, I'm beginning to think that you're actually some government Bureau of Denim supercomputer in Langley that crawls the internet and answers every denim-related question ever. Seriously, your knowledge of streetwear passes comprehensive and verges on encyclopaedic.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Augusto86
LAGuy, I'm beginning to think that you're actually some government Bureau of Denim supercomputer in Langley that crawls the internet and answers every denim-related question ever. Seriously, your knowledge of streetwear passes comprehensive and verges on encyclopaedic.

Scary, isn't it?
laugh.gif

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The real problem with the newer LTDs isn't the fit, but the denim quality. The old ones were like wearing steel. Very soft and comfortable steel, but it had that durability. The new stuff doesn't. It's no different than any other jean made by a high fashion name that is crap and doesn't have that great denim feel. If you want to know what I mean, look at Prada denim.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DGP
The real problem with the newer LTDs isn't the fit, but the denim quality. The old ones were like wearing steel. Very soft and comfortable steel, but it had that durability. The new stuff doesn't. It's no different than any other jean made by a high fashion name that is crap and doesn't have that great denim feel. If you want to know what I mean, look at Prada denim.

That is the truth. My first pair of ICN in clone wash wore for two years, and even when threadbare (washed about once a week) were strong as could be (still have them somewhere). Newer models are made from crap, short fiber denim that tuffs on the second wash. And they charge as much as Rag & Bone and 5EP! The prices are even higher than Nudies, which have the added expense of a distributorship that takes a cut, and Nudies are much better quality (at least their dry denim is).

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
That is the truth. My first pair of ICN in clone wash wore for two years, and even when threadbare (washed about once a week) were strong as could be (still have them somewhere). Newer models are made from crap, short fiber denim that tuffs on the second wash. And they charge as much as Rag & Bone and 5EP! The prices are even higher than Nudies, which have the added expense of a distributorship that takes a cut, and Nudies are much better quality (at least their dry denim is).
What would be the way to discern whether the trousers are old stock or not? Edit: At least places like Off Fifth stock them for deep discounts (bought mine for between $60-$80). I would not pay Nudie prices for PDC - Hell, I would not pay Nudie prices for Nudies!

Sevcom

Reaction score
With LTDs, one way to tell is the shape of the back pockets. They went from standard pockets to more rounded ones about two to three years ago, IMMSMC.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sevcom
With LTDs, one way to tell is the shape of the back pockets. They went from standard pockets to more rounded ones about two to three years ago, IMMSMC.

Yep. Also, the oldest LTD 2 years have more abrasion on the back and front pocket edges, and are slightly darker than they are now. Don't worry, they are still more durable than the new stuff.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads