1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Paper denim & cloth

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by bvlin, Sep 11, 2003.

1. bvlin

bvlin Member

Does Paper Denim & Cloth make any kinds of relaxed jeans? All the stores online seem to only offer slim fitting/bootcut ones and none of the stores in my area carry the brand, so I've been unable to find a relaxed pair. Any help would be appreciated.

2. gqelements

gqelements Senior Member

Never seen any... sorry

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

The "full bootcut" styles offered by PD&C are pretty relaxed through the seat and thigh. The only difference from other relaxed jeans is that they are a slight bootcut, rather than tapered, below the knee.

4. LA Guy

Forgot to add: The Tsunami, Icon and LTD cuts are all pretty good examples of a "relaxed" bootcut.

5. bvlin

bvlin Member

How would they compare to Seven's relaxed jeans? They're my only pair of "designer" jeans and I just got a huge security deposit back from my last apartment, so I'm fiending for some new denim.

6. LA Guy

The LTD is about the same fit, IMO. The ICON is *slightly* more fitted in the thigh. I have to say though that the denim PD&C uses has a lot more give than do Seven jeans. Buy about a size smaller than you would normally. Seriously, after a wash and a day of wear, they seem a lot looser.

7. Renault78law

Renault78law Distinguished Member

I'm positive that PDC makes relaxed jeans, albeit relaxed boot cut jeans.  I bought a pair, then sold them on ebay, but I don't remember the model number.  I think they were from last season, or maybe two seasons ago, because I bought them at an outlet-type store.  I kinda regret selling them - they had a very relaxed leg, but the one thing I couldn't stand was [literally] 1 inch of tapering at the knee, then the bootcut back out.  Keep looking.