• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Papa Johns

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
It's just not good. The price difference between PJ's pizza and one a million times better is usually only a few bucks; why anyone would want to save on something like that is beyond me, especially when the cost is usually split between a few people.

TyCooN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does everyone here order pizza from their local moms and pops pizza stores?

random-adam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TyCooN
Does everyone here order pizza from their local moms and pops pizza stores?

Yes.

It's a chain, but local-only; the pasta is really meh compared to other places I can walk to that make their own, but the pizzas are tasty and the crust is amazing.

And on Tuesdays you can get two XLs for $20 plus toppings.

StopPolloition

Reaction score
Pizza Shuttle. When I was in Milwaukee, I ordered Pizza Shuttle a lot, probably because I was drunk and the name sounded cool. I haven't seen it anywhere else.

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do like the garlic butter though

K

Brian SD

Reaction score
Dude. I really like Papa Johns. It's by far my favorite insta-pizza, besides maybe LC's $5 hot n ready.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like it too. Mushrooms, olives, bacon.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Donato's is the best!

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually like PJ's cheesesticks (dipped in garlic butter) and parmesan breadsticks, but their pizza itself could not be more mediocre.

greekonomist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Papa John makes me die a little bit inside.

Oh, and Mamma Lucia isn't very good either, IMO. Take the metro into DC and go to 2 Amys, it's the only acceptable place.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
Originally Posted by spertia
I actually like PJ's cheesesticks (dipped in garlic butter) and parmesan breadsticks, but their pizza itself could not be more mediocre.

Their crust has a distinct taste of dust. I'm not sure why, that's just what I taste.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
too greasy and too infused with that butter smell.

what i hate about them the most is their sanitation requirement. or lack thereof.

i dont know about now but the last time i ordered a papa john pizza (like 4 years ago) in store, the girl who was handling the cash and phones up front,
went to the dough and squeezed out some PURELL from the dispenser nearby and proceeded to work that into her hands and then straight to my pizza dough.

i was appalled. who cares about bacteria (killed in the heat) but the grime and sand and grit from her hand does not simply disappear from using purell. also the nasty lotion scent of purell was in my dough.

i never went back to this day.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a Brazilian roommate who is absolutely obsessed with Papa John's pizza. She gets a large pepperoni pie at least twice a week. It is not good pizza but it's not the worst either. Plenty of other options, not sure why she has this odd infatuation with chain pizza...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads