• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paolo Scafora shoes

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you have their Q last ? I wanted to know if these shoe run larger like santoni and needed half size Down?

I have both the Door and Vec lasts. These chukkas are based on the Door last which is wider than the Vec. Anyways, I wanted to demonstrate what a "wider" last from PS would look like versus a generally wider regarded last.

Here they are with a similarly sized Detroit lasted pair of Carminas (both are 8.5uk).

20200409_134614.jpg

This is a much darker chocolate suede than the other similar Chukkas I have seen on the internet by PS so it is hard to capture how angular these truly are. I bring that point up because if you were indeed to size down a half size smaller (clearly you can see the PS Chukkas are longer), it would be considerably more narrow.

As you can see from the picture, it is already more narrow than the Detroit last.
Fortunately, I was able to purchase these directly from PS when I was in Naples so I had the opportunity to try them on. The length is a hair longer than I typically wear (I like my toes almost scraping the cap), but when I sized down it was impossible to wear.

You may or may not encounter a similar situation, but definitely something to consider.

deez shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have both the Door and Vec lasts. These chukkas are based on the Door last which is wider than the Vec. Anyways, I wanted to demonstrate what a "wider" last from PS would look like versus a generally wider regarded last.

Here they are with a similarly sized Detroit lasted pair of Carminas (both are 8.5uk).

View attachment 1368476

This is a much darker chocolate suede than the other similar Chukkas I have seen on the internet by PS so it is hard to capture how angular these truly are. I bring that point up because if you were indeed to size down a half size smaller (clearly you can see the PS Chukkas are longer), it would be considerably more narrow.

As you can see from the picture, it is already more narrow than the Detroit last.
Fortunately, I was able to purchase these directly from PS when I was in Naples so I had the opportunity to try them on. The length is a hair longer than I typically wear (I like my toes almost scraping the cap), but when I sized down it was impossible to wear.

You may or may not encounter a similar situation, but definitely something to consider.
The width may have been the issue. I knew that there was extra volume somewhere but I didn't think the length was the absolute issue because I kept hearing and feeling air escape the shoes from the uppers every time I took a step. This is why I was hesitant to try a lower size and gave up.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The width may have been the issue. I knew that there was extra volume somewhere but I didn't think the length was the absolute issue because I kept hearing and feeling air escape the shoes from the uppers every time I took a step. This is why I was hesitant to try a lower size and gave up.

Sounds like it.

PS shoes are essentially long narrow silhouettes. Which if you legitimately like the style, I feel like the absolute way to ensure proper fit is to go MTM or Bespoke. Unless of course, you had long narrow feet which that would not be necessary.

Their last shapes are vastly different than what we would be accustomed to (StC, EB, ZB, etc etc). Those makers provide you a bit more width. Which unfortunately means no way around trying them on to ascertain fit. Considering we wear similar type shoe brands, if I had to size down, I would have given up as well hahaha.

Last edited:

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here is another shot of the PS Chukkas with a pair of rounded AM Aurum loafers. Here the difference is not as stark, but I did mention these PS shoes were just slightly longer than I like.

Point is to demonstrate width. The AM loafers are only slightly more narrow than the Chukka boot. Yet the loafer is supposed to fit really snug like I prefer.

20200409_171158.jpg
20200409_165200.jpg

deez shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here is another shot of the PS Chukkas with a pair of rounded AM Aurum loafers. Here the difference is not as stark, but I did mention these PS shoes were just slightly longer than I like.

Point is to demonstrate width. The AM loafers are only slightly more narrow than the Chukka boot. Yet the loafer is supposed to fit really snug like I prefer.

View attachment 1368584 View attachment 1368583
AM aurum loafers.. :drool:

I'm sorry, you were saying..?

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
AM aurum loafers.. :drool:

I'm sorry, you were saying..?

Haha. The only mistake I made with these was selecting a machine sewn apron, although Antonio insisted to use a handsewn one.

I was so naive thinking that an English looking apron was the Cat's pajamas ?.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Amazed we have not seen more from Paolo Scafora here on Styleforum as he's a maker that really should get the community excited. Here's some pictures that might provide some teasers and a visual introduction.

View attachment 782092

reviving old thread, any one got these tassel can commenting on the sizing of this loafer (assuming the one PS sales on their own website is the same)

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh I didn't know there's a thread :D

If anyone is interested, I will be carrying Paolo Scafora in my little shop (Check Affiliate thread) and also MTOs!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads