• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paolo Scafora shoes

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
why do you want to polish right out the box, just purposely to take out the red?

PL92106

Reaction score
why do you want to polish right out the box, just purposely to take out the red?
Yes - to mute the red tone a bit. But also because it's older stock that's been sitting in the depths of their back stock room - dry leather. So I like to condition them before taking them out on the streets and start wearing them in. (? - But, I'm not a shoe care expert - so I may be completely wrong and all of that might be completely unnecessary!)

And I love the smell of Saphir in my office, so I'll find excuses to use it.

Naboyo Nackenyo

Reaction score
Just received an MTO I ordered at L' Officine, Paris, a shop mainly dedicated to Neapolitan craftsmanship:

20210730_210206_copy_2041x3065.jpg
20210730_210222_copy_2041x2737.jpg
20210730_210314_copy_2041x3628.jpg
20210730_210253_copy_2041x3628.jpg
20210730_210239_copy_2041x3628.jpg

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Naboyo Nackenyo

Reaction score
Gorgeous. How’s his suede? Only got calf. Q last?

Yes, it is the Q Last which is surprisingly roomy for me at metatarse level compared to the 200 last from C&J or the Inca from Carmina.
From my experience from C&J and Caulaincourt, the suede seems to be of high quality, soft and thick.

How’s your experience with them? Tried to contact them on Ins for a quota but they didn’t seem very responsive.
Overall very good advice and experience, 2-month delivery time respected, but I ordered physically during a Trunk Show in Paris, so hard to tell you how they manage online requests.

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had some time in Napoli so I ventured off to see PS earlier this week. The taxi ride was about €50 from city center (Universitá). Actually the meter ran to €25 but they double it as they can’t get a fare back to the city. The office and factory are at the end of an industrial court with no signage at the entrance to the court so make sure that you have good directions before leaving the city. This is what you’ll see when you arrive at the factory/store:
C1FE4030-7D98-49F5-BF64-5F87335BA7D5.jpeg

The office contains many models to pick from. I had a pretty good idea of what I wanted so this part went pretty quickly.
71A51654-94D8-45DB-9682-2349F13F1799.jpeg
0CE7D89B-980B-42B8-ABCD-950469CEA4A7.jpeg

From there, PS helps you try on shoes in different lasts to find one that fits and that has the shape that you like. We ended up downsizing more than I would have expected but the shoe felt good so we did not modify it at all.
6CE3CC42-9369-454E-A42E-CEAFD9606676.jpeg

The shoes are all hand-welted. The outsoles are attached by machine. PS says that over 99% of his customers like the machine attachment but they can be hand sewn upon request (and up charge).

The shoes are on order and I’ll post the finished product on arrival.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had some time in Napoli so I ventured off to see PS earlier this week. The taxi ride was about €50 from city center (Universitá). Actually the meter ran to €25 but they double it as they can’t get a fare back to the city. The office and factory are at the end of an industrial court with no signage at the entrance to the court so make sure that you have good directions before leaving the city. This is what you’ll see when you arrive at the factory/store:
View attachment 1701353
The office contains many models to pick from. I had a pretty good idea of what I wanted so this part went pretty quickly.
View attachment 1701352 View attachment 1701354
From there, PS helps you try on shoes in different lasts to find one that fits and that has the shape that you like. We ended up downsizing more than I would have expected but the shoe felt good so we did not modify it at all. View attachment 1701355
The shoes are all hand-welted. The outsoles are attached by machine. PS says that over 99% of his customers like the machine attachment but they can be hand sewn upon request (and up charge).

Can’t wait to meet him since we have been in contact via WhatsApp for ages now and I live in Florence since Sunday.

got a Russian calf tyrolese Chukka that’s under transport now.

thanks for the story!! Show us when the shoes come!

haloitsme

Reaction score
View attachment 1701353
View attachment 1701352 View attachment 1701354
From there, PS helps you try on shoes in different lasts to find one that fits and that has the shape that you like. We ended up downsizing more than I would have expected but the shoe felt good so we did not modify it at all. View attachment 1701355

Nice story :)
Yes this double outside thing I hate in Napoli, paid also yesterday!
Which last have you chosen? And you stepped down half size as to usual size you where?

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice story :)
Yes this double outside thing I hate in Napoli, paid also yesterday!
Which last have you chosen? And you stepped down half size as to usual size you where?
PS uses a sizing system that I’m not too familiar with. When I told him that I usually wear a 41, we had to go down a full size from what he initially brought out.

I went with the soft chiseled version of the Door. Don’t recall the name but it starts with a V.

Jamesbond1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How’s your experience with them? Tried to contact them on Ins for a quota but they didn’t seem very responsive.
They were suppose to be in Toronto @ Via Cavour for a trunk show that would be your best bet to get all your questions answered.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads