• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paolo Scafora shoes

Professor Χάος

Reaction score
1-1100 for scafora handwelted is about right, without shoe trees. Don’t forget that prices have went up again in the world. CJ Alex benchgrade now sells for 750$.

My Norwegian PS is 1400 with shoe trees.
Kostas, I have a question, since you're our resident Paolo Scafora expert. My wholecuts are stiff and slightly tight in the back of the heel area. They are not unusually tight for new shoes, but I've noticed that even G&G TG73 feel more flexible straight out of the box.

I haven't actually worn my PS wholecuts yet, but I was wondering if they relax with a few wears?

By the way, I've seen all of your youtube videos, and think your "worst shoes" list is brilliant. hahaha
No one speaks so candidly about shoe brands...or with such humor.....just great...

BlueSteel

Reaction score
Paul Stuart has Paolo Scafora shoe on sale

And they have the extra 25% on right now too. So $372.56 now - from full-price of $995.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Email Paul Stuart they will even tell you the last

BlueSteel

Reaction score
How do you know which shoes are made by Scafora?

Easiest way to tell is the nail pattern of the heel. The Scafora ones sold by Paul Stuart have 3 sets of 3 nails on one side of the heel, and 2 sets of 3 nails on the other.

Confirming feature is that many shoes that have that nail pattern I described above are identical in design to shoes Scafora is (or was) offering on Scafora's website.

Examples include Paul Stuart's Milano wingtip, Giordano single monk, the Gideon single monk loafer, and Galante double monk. All of these have the same nail pattern in the heel for the Paul Stuart versions, and all were distinctive and recognizable Scafora models.

Additionally, it seems Paul Stuart tends to set the regular retail price the same for its shoes from a particular maker (and different from the price they use for other makers). I believe all the shoes Paul Stuart has on offer with a current regular retail price of $995USD are made by Scafora (but that can be verified by checking the heel nail pattern on their posted images).

Last edited:

Cartier_Joe

Reaction score
Ripped out the credit card late Friday night & MTO the 562 tassel loafer. Ordered 7.5UK. My last size is EG 82 Galway 8UK E, YF 8UK F / 8.5 E, Saint Crsp tassel Loafer classic 8UK (roomy toe box), GG TG73 Chelsea 8UK (tight, but slowly breaking in). Foot length is 26.8cm - 27.2cm range.

Anyone have any thoughts before I can’t modify my order lol?

Cartier_Joe

Reaction score
PS recommended I go with UK8 and do insoles. Does anyone who had a pair know if they mimic StCrispins sizing?

Skepti

Reaction score
On Paul Stewart's website, are Paolo Scafora's shoe sizes presented in the American system?

BlueSteel

Reaction score
On Paul Stewart's website, are Paolo Scafora's shoe sizes presented in the American system?
Yes - American sizes.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads