• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paolo Scafora RTW

dovsr18

Reaction score
I've read superlative reports about the quality of Scafora's bespoke, but have seen little about his RTW shoes. Shop the Finest has a number of lines. The classic line appears to be Goodyear welted. There is also a "blake and rapid" line. Has anyone had any experience with either or both of these RTWs?

Loudly

Reaction score
Bought 2 pair recently, both Norvegese, both from STF. Excellent stuff. Hard to avoid the temptation of buying more, though the $600+ price tag does provide a natural limit. At $400, there would be gluttony.

dovsr18

Reaction score
Interesting....I've never been clear on the meaning of Norvegese, and it's not easy to tell what's what from Ian's descriptions anyway. The blake and rapid are under 300.

Do you find that they fit to size?

Loudly

Reaction score
The ones that looked really tempting were around 600. To be fair, there are a couple of ankle boots on there for 500-something which look great.

I should say they fit true to size. I'm generally a 8 UK, *sometimes* 9 1/2 US depending on the maker (all of my 9 1/2s are bought in the US), and I bought size 9 US. It's snug, but I think will stretch out a little where it counts. It's nice that STF has this fairly popular size.

Last edited:

dovsr18

Reaction score
Looks like a solid option for an Italian RTW, especially now that Tramezzas have jumped to 900+ retail and 500 is the best sale price you can get on them most of the time. In addition, Santoni has a lot of nice models.

I've had my eye for some time on a gorgeous Santoni black captoe balmoral on STF, chiseled toe but not extremely so, but I'm concerned about sizing. I wear 11.5 in AE and 11 in Ferragamo. These are 11.5 and I fear they run large. And he has a no-refund policy, unfortunately.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a pair of Paolo Scafora for Gianfranco Ferre, Beautiful antiquing and solid shoe. The antiquing IMO has stiffened the leather in the production but the more they are worn the softer they get.

havingaraveup

Reaction score
Interesting....I've never been clear on the meaning of Norvegese, and it's not easy to tell what's what from Ian's descriptions anyway. The blake and rapid are under 300.

Do you find that they fit to size?
I can't find them for under 300. Where did you see this?

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I saw them in January at Pitti, if you like sharp lasts with a wicked patina they don't get much better, the shoes are absolutely stunning in person (and he's a nice guy as well.) I'll try to take a few photos at Pitti in June if I remember.

dovsr18

Reaction score
Nice. Thanks.

I recall someone comparing his bespoke shoes very favorably with Lattanzi's at a fraction of the cost. Hopefully his "diffusion" lines will maintain high quality at their price points.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Nice.  Thanks. 

I recall someone comparing his bespoke shoes very favorably with Lattanzi's at a fraction of the cost.  Hopefully his "diffusion" lines will maintain high quality at their price points.

Scafora makes superb MTO/Bespoke. There is thread buried somewhere with examples.

gambit50

Reaction score
I don't know the Scafora RTW quality but if it is anywhere near what one should expect that price strikes me as excellent value.
Hopefully, someone can chime in with experience or take the plunge. I'm not in the market but I think this would be very valuable info for members.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Here is my pair of OTR for Ferre

dovsr18

Reaction score
Very nice. I'm considering a pair of black semi-brogues. Will post pics if I take the plunge.

The lasts on his shoes strike me as quite conservative.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Very nice. I'm considering a pair of black semi-brogues. Will post pics if I take the plunge.

The lasts on his shoes strike me as quite conservative.

A store in Sydney that has a main store in Naples had some of his shoes including a pointy triple monk!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads