• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paolo Scafora Bespoke Shoes Have Arrived

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Right, now I remember that previous photos featured toes not quite as wide as the Portnoy Model 1. (But Portnoy needs diversity.)

Do Scafora customers used Topys?
smile.gif

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beautiful shoes and the antiquing is awesome
smile.gif

lutfa

Reaction score
Sir Aportnoy me likes your shoes .
bounce2.gif
And I don't give a ---- .Squarerish toe or not I would wear the hell out of them.The toe appears to have a nice taper to them . If you send to me I'll test them out for you free of charge .

darkoak

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kolecho
Agreed that the toebox is too square, but what amazing craftsmanship. VR, lovely wholecuts. Question: Can you guys get yourself to wear them? I'd like to see scans of these soles after some wear as evidence
laugh.gif

Some Bettanin & Venturi shoes have equally elaborate stamps o nthe soles.

Joseph K. Bank

Reaction score
I saw a pair of shoes at the Saks Fifth Avenue outlet store by the name of Ted Baker which also had a similar design on the sole.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not my style Andrew, but very nice nonetheless.

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Panzeraxe II
Well, I wore mine for the first time on Friday. I cried at the end of the day when I saw the soles.
I plan on getting mine topy-ed right away.

On principle, I don't want to ever catch myself thinking about whether or not I should walk on the soles of shoes...

smile.gif

don_andomo

Reaction score
these shoes are ugly and a waste of time and money. i don't know how many iterations OP had to go through, but panzeraxe had to go thru three tries and he had to send pics of edward greens before he got what look like marginally better shoes. OP's shoes look like the toes were chopped off.

look at it this way: if OP didn't present them as bespoke paolo scafora, would you still think so highly of them? the square toes are not that much better than ken cole, save for the nicer looking leather and fancy antiquing. if i were OP, i'd be pissed at this result, after paying thousands of $ and waiting for months.

just my 2 cents. i'm allowed to express my opinions, yes?
peepwall[1].gif

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by don_andomo

just my 2 cents. i'm allowed to express my opinions, yes?
peepwall[1].gif

You are certainly allowed to express your opinion.

I hope the OP has some other decent shoes, and these Scaforas are not his only quality shoe choice.

Strokeman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Not my style Andrew, but very nice nonetheless.

+1 and we should encourage Mr Portnoy in this direction, for at least it may mean more EGs, JLs and G&Gs for the rest of us.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh
You are certainly allowed to express your opinion.

I hope the OP has some other decent shoes, and these Scaforas are not his only quality shoe choice.

Yeah, Andrew. I hope these aren't your only decent shoes.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Nice shoes, with a dramatic toebox.

Not sure how I feel about the Hell's Angels style thing on the sole.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads