1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Pants

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by banksmiranda, Aug 17, 2004.

1. banksmiranda

banksmiranda Senior member

Which style of the pant rear is preferred, in terms of style plus comfort? Is it the one-piece back done by Oxxford, the high split back, or the "standard" back?

2. banksmiranda

[​IMG] (this is the high split back) or [​IMG] (this is the Oxxford back)

3. FIHTies

FIHTies Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Banks:

I have never seen the high version other than as part of an expensive suit, and with suspenders as you picture them for without it they probably would fold over the belt unless they were firm enough to not. (And on a man with a paunch even firmness wouldnt stop that)

I have also never seen anyone not wearing a suit wearing anything but the oxxford pant which works well with the belt.

JJF

4. banksmiranda

So with braces, the high split-back trouser is better than Oxxford even if the Oxxford one-piece back has brace buttons sewn in?  And the Oxxford pant is a better choice than standard trousers when a belt is used? Which is better, belt or braces?

5. FIHTies

FIHTies Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I am not saying that I am just pointing out differences.

I dont know the difference between the standard and the oxxford back. Most of my pants (all?) have what you refer to as oxxford back.

I personally used to wear braces more now I am for the most part a belt guy.

JJF

6. Kai

Kai Senior member

I prefer the high split back for wear with a suit. More comfortable, and it gives the ensemble a very nice line.

I think that the high split back pretty much rules out wearing the pants without a jacket, however.

7. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

The Oxxford pant has a single piece waistband, as opposed to the waistband being a separate pant piece that is sewed on to the body of the pants. I find that the Oxxford pant is very comfortable, and you won't find that type of pant anywhere else I don't think (is it patented?).