• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

pants with stretch?

scourage

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with and recommendations for pants with stretch? I am in the continuous search for slim fit trousers and in my experience some of the pants that look the best while standing up prove to be to tight while sitting or prevent my legs from having a full range of motion. pants with stretch present a possible solution for this. Pants that fit snuggly while still letting our bodies move. Does anyone have any experience with pants that stretch? What brands would you recommend? Any concerns about durability or anything else? the only experience i have is with a couple of pairs of bonobos: a pair of pinwale corduroys which miraculiously manage to fit snuggly yet allow me enough range of motion to do kung-fu: and a pair of their bull denim which similarly fit snug and alow motion, although not quite as comfortable. thought anyone?

scourage

Reaction score
I'll start by stating a concern of my own which is that the pinwale cords i have, while still fitting me pretty well have stretched out too much and are now somewhat baggy. In addition, while fantastically thin and light they are not very durable. Is this a problem with stretch in general? I want pants that move with me, but do not lose their form

TheChefs

Reaction score
I usually find that pants with 2% elastite/spendex/whatever is called are good for me. It makes a huge difference. Yes, the elastic part will be destroyed eventually and become beggy, but to prevent that make sure you wash them in cold water and hang dry. Don't put them in a dryer.

scourage

Reaction score
any specific brands people would recomend?
I want something quite slim but not skin tight, so jeggings are out. casual, yet respectable, khakis and chinos are mostly what I am looking for.

Sharkb8

Reaction score
I am also looking for a solution. Being a nOOb, I have sworn by Haggar Repreve line (called other things in the past). Lots of stretch in the waistband there. But, they're Haggars and I have found no good substitutes yet. Maybe they have that stretching waistband design patented or something. My problem is similar, but a little different. Due to dietary issues and digestion issues, my stomach expands and contracts (after meals, etc.) so that a pair of pants that fits very well between breakfast and lunch, are quite uncomfortable after lunch. I am 5'11" and 135 lbs, waist size 32/33. So its not like I need to lose weight or anything. Human beings do not always hold a single size and it is about time some nice dress pants reflected this fact. Anyone else have any suggestions or recommendations??

I also just bought some Van Heusen stretch flat front chinos. They're cheap ($20 each) so they likely will not last and look very cheap. But they do stretch nicely at the waist ...

MarshB

Reaction score
any specific brands people would recomend?
I want something quite slim but not skin tight, so jeggings are out. casual, yet respectable, khakis and chinos are mostly what I am looking for.

Some jeans brands like Levis, Wrangler, and Lee offers Stretch Jeans. "Lucky" sells mostly stretch jeans, I am not sure where this stores are though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads