• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Passus Shoes. Passus shoes was founded by long term members of the forum and veterans of the shoes business. and is dedicated to crafting fine shoes in Budapest in a time honored tradition. Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new affiliate vendor thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Pants Tailored... Different Length Each Side.

Jay687

Reaction score
I got a few pairs of pants tailored. One pair ended up being an entire .5"different on each leg, the other .25" different, the other basically equal.

Is this enough to complain or is a bit of a difference expected?

Additionally, I actually think the size I went with is too much of a break and want to go .75" less... which seems to complicate things in terms of complaining. Plus, don't exactly trust them anymore.

Complain and get money back and go somewhere else?

What would you guys do?

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are your legs exactly the same length? Of course not.

SuitMyself

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jay687
I got a few pairs of pants tailored. One pair ended up being an entire .5"different on each leg, the other .25" different, the other basically equal.

Is this enough to complain or is a bit of a difference expected?

Additionally, I actually think the size I went with is too much of a break and want to go .75" less... which seems to complicate things in terms of complaining. Plus, don't exactly trust them anymore.

Complain and get money back and go somewhere else?

What would you guys do?

Take them back to the store or to the tailor who did the work and ask for the length to be remeasured and specify your desire for a smaller break. That's not very difficult to do, is it?

BTW, are both your legs the same length? I would think most likely not since it is very common for virtually everyone to have two different leg lengths. It is a fact.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.