• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pants like these, but not so slim?

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Down here in Florida, our "winters" are - at worst - the rest of the countries' fall. So I've been looking for some nice fall trousers: made of light flannel, heavier wool, maybe even a light tweed and either flat front or single pleated.

I thought I found the perfect pair (2 actually, a charcoal and brown!!!) in B&S when I acquired these rag-and-bone gems, but unfortunately they are just too slim for me. Actually, I think if I posted a fit pic that those in the esteemed Panta and Mabitex brigade would say "those look perfect on you!" but I just can't do it.

So, while selling those I'm still in the hunt for something similar but with a bit more of a relaxed fit or straight leg. Any suggestions?

DSC_0011-1.jpg

bringusingoodale

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyway, have you tried Uniqlo's wool flat front trousers? They come in gray and charcoal herringbone; they were knew for this fall. I know these aren't considered high end stuff here, but I got a pair from them in gray and they are now the best fitting pants I own. The cut is slim, but not the fashion forward thigh/leg hugging slim. I am pleasantly surprised and they cost I think 50 dollars.

In fact, I am going to ask customer service if they have these same pants in plain gray or brown.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bringusingoodale
Anyway, have you tried Uniqlo's wool flat front trousers? They come in gray and charcoal herringbone; they were knew for this fall. I know these aren't considered high end stuff here, but I got a pair from them in gray and they are now the best fitting pants I own. The cut is slim, but not the fashion forward thigh/leg hugging slim. I am pleasantly surprised and they cost I think 50 dollars.

In fact, I am going to ask customer service if they have these same pants in plain gray or brown.

Those sound worth looking at - not being familiar with uniqlo I just checked them out online and it doesn't appear they are available - are there any other online retailers that carry them?

harry2quinn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by razl
Those sound worth looking at - not being familiar with uniqlo I just checked them out online and it doesn't appear they are available - are there any other online retailers that carry them?
AFAIK they're only brick and mortar in NYC in the US. Btw - while your sale post belongs here, this thread should be in the other forum.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by harry2quinn
Btw - while your sale post belongs here, this thread should be in the other forum.
Eh? I think you got it backwards - my sale post is in B&S, this thread is a Q regarding similar pants is here the Mens Clothing section - which I think is proper. You're certainly not suggesting I have this discussion in my for-sale thread in B&S (read: bump warning)?
confused.gif

harry2quinn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by razl
Eh? I think you got it backwards - my sale post is in B&S, this thread is a Q regarding similar pants is here the Mens Clothing section - which I think is proper. You're certainly not suggesting I have this discussion in my for-sale thread in B&S (read: bump warning)?
confused.gif

I have no idea what I was thinking at the time
blush.gif
. I think I was on the B&S at the time and followed a link to this thread or something and was under the impression this was in the Buying and Selling forum. You're certainly right.

flashkobalt

Reaction score
+1 on the Uniqlo idea...I just got back from Japan and for a little under $200 got 4 pairs of pure wool trousers in a slim cut without being tight. Quality appears to be decent for the price, and even if they don't make it more than a couple of seasons, I'll still feel they're a good buy.

Fraiche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you tried Howard Yount flannels? It has exceeded expectations.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads