1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

pants-friendly cell phones?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by seok, Aug 2, 2006.

1. seok

seok Senior member

do you guys choose your cell phones based on how thin/small they are? if any crowd does, i'd imagine the SFers to...

i'm waiting to get my hands on this UltraEdition 6.9(mm) from Samsung. wonder how long it'll be until Cingular offers it for free...perhaps never?

http://www.engadget.com/2006/06/21/s...mmest-cellpho/

2. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

Not here. Function is most important. SOme of the new Nokia N series smartphones are small though.

3. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

I picked my Nokia 6600 on functionality. I do kind of regret that, but it's not a bad phone.

4. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

Flip phones seem to work best in pants pockets. Pleated pants also do better for cell phones. However, even my close fitting flat-front pants--e.g., Borrelli--do ok with a flip phone.

5. luk-cha

luk-cha Senior member Dubiously Honored

what you can do when you get your pant made you can get the to put a pocket to store your phone thats what i do! one in each pocket it stops you phone getting scratched with key and coins!!

6. whodini

whodini Senior member

7. Luc-Emmanuel

Luc-Emmanuel Senior member

cell phone fading is definitely not trad.

!luc

8. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

do you guys choose your cell phones based on how thin/small they are? if any crowd does, i'd imagine the SFers to...

i'm waiting to get my hands on this UltraEdition 6.9(mm) from Samsung. wonder how long it'll be until Cingular offers it for free...perhaps never?

http://www.engadget.com/2006/06/21/s...mmest-cellpho/

Wow, I want a D900 to replace my D800 [​IMG]

9. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

I rather liked Nokia's Fashion line:

[​IMG]

10. DNW

DNW Senior member

I have a Razr. It's thin and small enough that I've never been bothered by it. I usually store it in the front left pocket.

That new Samsung looks great though. Give it 6-9 months, it'll be offered for free somewhere.

11. ayn

ayn Senior member

I use a Treo 700p, before this I had the 650, I carry a "man purse", got used to carrying one, it's pretty cool, I keep a book, the latest Economist, ipod, IEMs, wallet, keys, etc etc in it. [​IMG]

12. Jovan

Jovan Senior member

If I'm wearing dress trousers, I usually also have a jacket. So, I just put my phone there. It may not be the lightest or thinnest flip phone, but I can't say I'm going to shell out more money for something that will minimize its appearance in my clothes. They switch out my phone for a better one for free every one or two years anyway. Besides, I can always get one of those belt clip things... I should consider that.

13. luk-cha

luk-cha Senior member Dubiously Honored

I rather liked Nokia's Fashion line:

[​IMG]

sorry to it is a ldies phone as it has a mirror and long and thin!!

14. Jovan

Jovan Senior member

That must mean he's gay, right!!!???

15. stach

stach Senior member

Perish the thought. [​IMG]

16. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

sorry to it is a ldies phone as it has a mirror and long and thin!!
    Why must it be a ladies' phone if it has a mirror? Is it because it's red? [​IMG]

17. chrysalid

chrysalid Senior member

Why must it be a ladies' phone if it has a mirror? Is it because it's red?

[​IMG]

i think they look horribly contrived, especially the lower right, what would you call it? plasticky faux art-deco embellishments?

i have seen the centre one after a dew months of use and the fabric cover wears thredbare and gets grubby and scruffy. i know it's replaceable, but can anyone really be arsed?

i must admit i am most intrigued by the one on the left. i have unfortunately not seen one in the flesh, but understand it has no keypad, and you dial using the jog-wheel. i would like to see how effective a method this is has i love smal phones but hate small buttons.

vertu have the smartest looking phones, even platinum and diamond encrusted 'dress phones'. if you buy one though, you will look like jay-z

18. Associate

Associate Senior member

19. otterhound

otterhound Senior member

20. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

That's a really handsome looking phone. Beware, though, that many cell phone geeks think that Samsung makes poor quality phones. See generally, howardforums.com

My wife had an SGH-105 (I think) for a while. We got rid of it. Mediocre reception plus the interface and phone were bolted down to the point that you could not do any of the nifty program transfers and backups you take for granted with even a lowly Series 40 Nokia.