• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pants for summer

davo10375

Reaction score
Whats everyone thinking for summer pants? I'm loving the looser top-block to slightly tapered leg pants (usually rolled/cuffed a bit), way more comfortable then wearing jeans and a nice alternative to shorts. Any ideas for pants that could work well with this?

Tried on a great pair of CDG cotton pants but the price was a bit steep for me, as well as some linen Junya ones which fit a bit off.

Any other suggestions for linen pants or just lighterweight pants are welcome..

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Raf Simons says wear booty shorts, Rei Kawakubo says wear skirts. I'm probably just gonna tough it out and keep wearing my denim.

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Confused, I thought you're denim free now?.. well, aybe the sig is referring to something else.

davo10375

Reaction score
I got some shorts now that I'm happy to rock, but pants + roll is as good an option... I'll try to find pictures of the CDG ones they weren't very slim but the cut was great... hope they go on sale soon.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Mostly jil cotton canvas, white twill, margiela lightweight cords.

Nice shorts if you can find them like bless, damir, comme, jil linen bermudas should suit me fine this summer.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by erdawe
Confused, I thought you're denim free now?.. well, aybe the sig is referring to something else.

That probably is confusing, I meant that to refer to purchases :p Will have to reword

JO3B

Reaction score
besides my usual seersucker, i'll have my j. crew batik print pants and i NEED a pair of white jeans. or ecru at the very least.

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G
That probably is confusing, I meant that to refer to purchases :p Will have to reword

hahah ok, definitely makes sense now, especially given your knowledge of the denimz in your posts.

Back to the topic posting, this thread makes me want a pair of subdued, lighter green pants that I can see in my head.

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PG2G
I'm probably just gonna tough it out and keep wearing my denim.

Would like to see you try that on a 43 (110) degree day
teacha.gif

I have a lightweight pair of grey cotton pants from jil (few seasons back), they're ok. A soft linen pair could work.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Davo- What was off about the junya pant fit, if you don't mind me asking? When lounging i wear this cotton gap gym type shorts that are non-descript and work for running errands. Hard to make them work in something stylish though. My april 77 khakis are light enough to wear in summer when rolled up and i do that most of the time i think. The tim hamilton electric blue jeans i have are also pretty light weight as far as jeans go and can be worn down or rolled up a bit. I have these Obedient Sons (mainline, not x-sons) linen pants from last spring that are really slim and great construction/material wise. I still need to get them let out in the waist a half inch to be more comfy and hemmed as they're unfinished. I may just sell them though, if anyone wants a size 32. They're crazy nice. Would be down with those Junya shorts or pants you posted. Maybe some looser linen drapey pants, or lightweight sweatpants. I really want to get some fuller cut dress pants that taper down quickly. I have some looks like this saved on my laptop and want to fiddle with them in the spring. Slightly high waisted, full cut in the legs, with a taper below the knee to pretty slim. Would probably roll them. Might just try getting some cheap pants from somewhere and getting them tapered/hemmed.

JO3B

Reaction score
i also have a pair of green khaki's that i wore quite often in the summer.

they're what i'd call a kelly green.

timpoblete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe one of the 3 below. Otherwise I'm sticking to navy cotton carpenter pants, white cotton drill pants, and olive pants with a front cargo pocket. Maybe some seersucker too, that I bought in the sale season last S/S.
2629590738_31c81e396f_o.jpg
2628771853_ec9ec21789_o.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads