Pants fit help

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NMW1982, Mar 10, 2011.

1. NMW1982

NMW1982 Senior member

I feel like I am in between 31 and 32 waist size--31 is a bit tight on me, whereas 32 feel a bit loose.

What would you recommend? Should I go with bigger and hope that if I need it smaller I can take the waist in? Or should I go with smaller and hope that it will feel looser as I break the pants in and wear it?

Thanks.

2. acecow

acecow Senior member

There can't be such a huge difference between 31 and 32. In any case, I'd recommend the slightly tighter version.

3. kellgy

kellgy Senior member

I prefer the slightly tighter version also. Mainly because when wearing a belt the looser pants tend to bunch up a bit when the belt is tightened unlike trimmer fitting pants.

4. bringusingoodale

bringusingoodale Senior member

I recommend you find a tailor. He can usually make the slightly loose things fit better and the slightly tight things fit better. Some of the good ones I hear make suits and shirts to your size. [​IMG]

5. Yika

Yika Senior member

Choose the one that fits better in the seat. If they both fit the similar in the seat and you don't plan to visit a tailor; tighter one.

6. jamesmortontiesseo

jamesmortontiesseo New Member

Choose to the size you are comfortable when you are walking and sitting. Sometimes you feel okay of the fit when you are standing and walking but when you sit down then you will notice that your pants is tight. For me I will chose 32 at least you have your belt to hold and adjust.

7. Nicola

Nicola Senior member

Or should I go with smaller and hope that it will feel looser as I break the pants in and wear it?

You do this with jeans. You don't really do it with other types of pants.

Pick the one that fits best in the other areas and have the waist fixed.