Pantherella Socks way too large.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by xizenta, Mar 28, 2011.

1. xizenta

xizenta Senior member

I got a bunch of large Pantherella socks from the sale at STP last week. A dozen pairs. They are supposed to be for men with a shoe size of 11-13.

I wear a size 12 shoe, and these things can fit over my shoe. They have just been delivered and i have not washed them yet. Do they shrink in the wash to normal fit, or is the sizing just bullshit?

These are the biggest socks i've ever seen. The over-the-calf model can be pulled halfway up my hamstrings and i'm 6 feet tall.

2. Fred H.

Fred H. Senior member

I got a bunch of large Pantherella socks from the sale at STP last week. A dozen pairs. They are supposed to be for men with a shoe size of 11-13. I wear a size 12 shoe, and these things can fit over my shoe. They have just been delivered and i have not washed them yet. Do they shrink in the wash to normal fit, or is the sizing just bullshit? These are the biggest socks i've ever seen. The over-the-calf model can be pulled halfway up my hamstrings and i'm 6 feet tall.
    I'm a 13D/E and they fit me fine. I got 20 pair, 10 in merino wool and 10 in cotton. Both fit me without problems. I've washed some of them a couple of times (gentle) and line dried them. No shrinkage.

3. mdao63

mdao63 Well-Known Member

I have the same issue with the 4 pair of cotton that I bought (I'm a 12D). I'll let you know the result after they are washed. I think it will work out fine.

4. Northampton Novice

Northampton Novice Senior member

If washed at highish temperatures (anything above 40 Celsius) they will shrink.

5. sf_esq

sf_esq Senior member

Even the "R" size ones are huge (for the designated sizes). They didn't shrink nearly enough, so I returned mine.

6. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

Even the "R" size ones are huge (for the designated sizes). They didn't shrink nearly enough, so I returned mine.
    wash and toss them in the dryer. problem solved.

7. sf_esq

sf_esq Senior member

wash and toss them in the dryer. problem solved.

Thanks. I did, and they're still a hair too big. The cotton blend mid calf ones from Nordstrom fit me perfectly, but these were too large, even after being the dryer.