• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Panta Pants Fit

Markboots

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I just got my first pair of Ed's awesome Panta Pants. I am looking to purchase a few more pairs of pants (preferably Ed's) and appreciate your opinion on fit. (The good, bad and the ugly). I am doing my best with what momma gave me : )

Here is the link for the pants for those interested and it is the Medium Grey Flannel from Holland and Sherry Classic Flannel book. 11/12oz. Signature Cut
http://www.styleforum.net/t/518335/panta-heritage-and-signature-pants

For some reason some of my pics load sideways so I also attached images. Tech support!!

I took the pics on my iPhone as I don't have the luxury of having someone take the pics for me as my wife thinks I am crazy posting.....

Ed, I will model for pants!!! Haha

Regards,
Mark

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
They look very nice from the front...a touch long for my taste, but nothing crazy. Is that your natural posture? It's really hard to stand naturally when trying to take a picture of yourself without a remote. I ask because of the wrinkles behind your upper thighs. It may be from swaying your hips forward...or you could have forward hips.

Last edited:

Markboots

Reaction score
They look very nice from the front...a touch long for my taste, but nothing crazy. Is that your natural posture? It's really hard to stand naturally when trying to take a picture of yourself without a remote. I ask because of the wrinkles behind your upper thighs. It may be from swaying your hips forward...or you could have forward hips.

Thanks Murlsquirl. I actually had the tailor shorten the pant leg more than he wanted and I agree it is still a touch long but not enough that I would adjust. Just glad I told him to take it up more. It definitely wasn't natural trying to turn to get a picture of my back side and side pose so can't be my natural position : )

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks Murlsquirl. I actually had the tailor shorten the pant leg more than he wanted and I agree it is still a touch long but not enough that I would adjust. Just glad I told him to take it up more. It definitely wasn't natural trying to turn to get a picture of my back side and side pose so can't be my natural position : )

They are definitely an acceptable length and you should be happy with them. Get a camera timer app, man! I never noticed during our PM conversation that you are in SF. Get out to a SF meet up next time we have one.

Markboots

Reaction score
They are definitely an acceptable length and you should be happy with them. Get a camera timer app, man! I never noticed during our PM conversation that you are in SF. Get out to a SF meet up next time we have one.

Or just get my wife to take a pic : ). I am really happy with the pants and love the quality!!

I live in Mill Valley, just a few miles north of the city. I will keep an eye out for the next meet! Thanks for the offer and appreciate the advice in the PM!

Regards,
Mark

Murlsquirl

The Moral Squirrel
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Or just get my wife to take a pic : ). I am really happy with the pants and love the quality!!

I live in Mill Valley, just a few miles north of the city. I will keep an eye out for the next meet! Thanks for the offer and appreciate the advice in the PM!

Regards,
Mark

She'll make fun of you, but she'll do it....or at least that's how it goes in my house. Eventually, you'll go full SF nerd and get a setup like this

Markboots

Reaction score
She'll make fun of you, but she'll do it....or at least that's how it goes in my house. Eventually, you'll go full SF nerd and get a setup like this

Haha!!! Thanks for the picture. I actually have a tripod (Vista Explorer) and a Canon (EOS Rebel T4i) camera that we bought a few years ago when my daughter was born. I just need to set the timer on the camera : ). Then I would need to take the picture download to the computer and then post. My iPhone is the easy way but the picture suffers as shown. I have come a looooooong way from 2 years ago. I just never cared or heard of the stable brands in my closet (jackets and suit - D'Avenza, Belvest and Oxxford) In the Styleforum world I still am a beginner : )

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics