• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

paleo diet

desireechamps

Reaction score
Has anyone personally tried this for more than 6 months at a go? Did you notice significant fat reduction? What about mental clarity?

commanderdean

Reaction score
I know people who did it for longer than 6 months but they don't exercise :)

If you exercise on a regular basis, you can eat what you want.

JamesBrowning

Reaction score
Yeah the same is true for me, I actually have been on a paleo diet before along with limited exercise due to work and found that it does improve your ability to feel refreshed in the morning without the need for a strong coffee and when you actually have the time to exercise the results seem to be more noticeable.

commanderdean

Reaction score
Of course the only secret and its solution is exercising. :) If you do it on a regular basis, you will see definitely the results.

hezu

Reaction score
Depends from where you start and what is your aim. For me doing sports approx. four times in a week ensures that I stay in a normal shape in business environment. However I cannot get to low body fat, say <16, with just doing sports. Here the right diet becomes essential.

pravda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have been paleo for 4 years. Body fat ranges from 9-14% hydrostatic test. I exercise 4x week at least. Lost 40 lbs

Last edited:

StriderTB

Reaction score
In February of 2016 it'll be 2 years of Paleo for me. Here's a little before and after.

I was up over 330 lbs at that point, and had been at or above 300 lbs for the last 12 years or so. Started eating paleo in February of 2014, and I've lost 130 lbs thus far.

I still have some work to do, but it's been steady. Having lost that much weight, I finally started getting interested in the clothes I was wearing, since I was finally able to shop in actual stores, which is what led me here.

I also started walking a lot more, like 2.5 miles every day on my lunch break at work, and then after work with my dog. It definitely helps. I also started a barbell program, but put it off a bit since I broke my arm walking the dog last winter. Looking forward to getting back into that soon.

pravda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice @Strider. You look great. Sorry about your arm. You may want to check out, Bigger, Leaner Stronger by Michael Matthews to complement your Paleo. I just started and it complements my Paleo regimen. Keep up the great work.

StriderTB

Reaction score
Thanks! The arm thing has gotten much better, and my range of motion is pretty much back to normal. The issue now is when the arm is under load. I tried doing some push ups and the wrist wasn't too pleased with that. Still, it's progress.

thedream

Reaction score
Wow those are excellent results man.

One issue Ive heard about is that you don't get as much carbs as one might need if you were doing really heavy powerlifitng or whatever. Joe rogan has done a few good podcasts on pale i think.

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow those are excellent results man.

One issue Ive heard about is that you don't get as much carbs as one might need if you were doing really heavy powerlifitng or whatever. Joe rogan has done a few good podcasts on pale i think.

If you find you need carbs, there are plenty of Paleo foods that have a lot of carbs. Mainly fruit and sweet potatoes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Forum statistics

Threads