• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paleo diet

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I am embarking on a paleo diet, with some allowance for cooking, but no allowance whatsoever for non-organic and non-biodynamic and non-100%-free-range-as-nature-intended anything. Does anyone else live such an extreme diet, and do you have any advice on how to manage it in modern society?

Modern industrial food is poisoning us from the inside out, and I have vowed never to touch it again.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
the only reason why the paleo diet is a good diet is because the foods it advocates just happen to food good for you, not because the reasoning behind those foods are sound.

wtf kind of an argument is our ancestors ate it 10000 years ago and thus its good for you?

if you eat too much of anything you'll get fatter. truth.

how strict are you going to be with this? no alcohol? no yogurt? no cured meats? no cheeses? no cooking?

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
the only reason why the paleo diet is a good diet is because the foods it advocates just happen to food good for you, not because the reasoning behind those foods are sound. wtf kind of an argument is our ancestors ate it 10000 years ago and thus its good for you? if you eat too much of anything you'll get fatter. truth. how strict are you going to be with this? no alcohol? no yogurt? no cured meats? no cheeses? no cooking?
It's not about fatness vs. non-fatness. It's about total body health, organs, systems, endocrine function, and so forth. We know for a fact that modern, processed food is endocrine disruptive and ***** the body up. Furthermore, we know from modern evidence that societies heavier in artificial and processed ingredients (America, for example) are less healthy than societies with fewer artificial foods (Mediterranean societies, the French, the Japanese, etc., even if these cultures eat just as much fat or carbs as we do).

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
evidence?

what is a modern, processed food? yogurt is modern and processed right? so is olive oil? i mean a caveman would not be pressing olives for oil.

i dont mean to be an arrogant bastard, but i see people like you all the time and i wish they'd be more skeptical of information they read in mens health magazines or the latest healthscam they hear on the news.

i'm sorry but that argument of societies confuses causation and correlation. you cant pinpoint something so broad as health of an entire nation on national diet when there are so many variables and variations of diets.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
evidence?

Oh, for ****'s sake, "Evidence?" is the most annoying meme CE has ever produced. Go ************* up your fat, sweaty ass with the plethora of evidence that exists out there and is readily available to Google on your own.

You fat, fat, ugly little sow!

bbaquiran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So how are you planning on structuring your diet?
There is some disagreement within the paleo interweb community as to what actually constitutes "paleo".

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This is the most American thread on StyleForum.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
This is the most American thread on StyleForum.

YES.

USA! USA! USA!

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bbaquiran
So how are you planning on structuring your diet?
There is some disagreement within the paleo interweb community as to what actually constitutes "paleo".

this.

there's a bunch of looney bullshit going around in the paleo community that overlooks common sense much less science

sorry if i'm being a fat douchefag sow

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
this.

there's a bunch of looney bullshit going around in the paleo community that overlooks common sense much less science

sorry if i'm being a fat douchefag sow

OINK OINK

OOOOOIIINNNKKKKKK FOR ME YOU HORRIBLE LITTLE PIGLET

SQUEEEEEL FOR ME WHILE I MILLLLLK YOUU

OOOOIIINK OINK!!!!!

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
in an effort to parody all the current diets, for 2 weeks I have done 2 days IF, 3 days paleo and 2 days of extreme refeeding and somehow I have dropped 1.5% bf while gaining 4 lbs of muscle. I guess they all work!

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
^lawl at AB but 2+3+2 =/= 14?
I think his sentence implied an equation of 2(2+3+2). "Two weeks of 2 + 3 + 2."

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I read that a diet of wheatgrass and urine (midstream only) will make you live to 110.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads