1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Paleo diet

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Don Carlos, May 23, 2011.

1. jarude

jarude Senior member

this is a parody thread that has gone on for way too long. DC is laughing from beyond the grave right now. there is a great reason this was started as a parody thread by a reknowned troll - if you're not sure why, read the last few pages.

1 person likes this.
  2. fuji

fuji Senior member

Paleo brahs, I have recently discovered a love for frozen fruit, specifically frozen pineapple. I assume it is ok to eat pineapple as part of the paleo diet (it might not be though, dem sugars and all. There is however a paradox. I don't think cavemen brahs had access to ice unless they lived in the arctic or something, but as we all know pineapple does not grow in the arctic so it is unlikely that caveman brahs had the opportunity to eat frozen pineapple. So what I'm saying is will frozen pineapple kill me?

3. Gradstudent78

Gradstudent78 Senior member

It's a fruit indigenious to South America, so yes. :laugh:

4. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

If you get hit in the head with it or you are allergic, yes. :sly:

5. Sir Humphrey Appleby

Sir Humphrey Appleby Senior member

Eskimos probably had the odd pineapple wash up from the gulf stream, you'll be fine.

6. eg1

eg1 Senior member

The poison is in the dose ... :teach:

7. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan Senior member

CSFLMM - I hung out with Jason Giambi a couple of times (had a friend whose Grandfather was really tight with Joe Torre and played minor league baseball a few seasons). He drank pineapple juice like it was going out of style. One of the reasons he said he did it is because girls said it made his semen taste better. Granted, Giambi talked so much funny shit, he was probably just goofing around, but he brought this up at least three times in about eight total hours of hanging out.

8. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

i've been reading about the iceman [ATTACHMENT=3610]Iceman Mystery.pdf (125k. pdf file)[/ATTACHMENT]

and he's at least 5000 years old and ate cereal grains

take that!

9. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

Agriculture in Europe is at least 8, 9 thousand years old so what's your point?

10. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

Was mostly a joke. You know like this thread. Or it's purported subject

11. Sunnydale

Sunnydale Senior member

12. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

I read an interview with James Michener once back when he was, I believe, the worlds best selling author. The interviewer noticed that he lived very simply and asked what he spent his money on. He said that he really liked pineapple juice, so he drank a lot of that.

13. ballack72

ballack72 Member

the only reason why the paleo diet is a good diet is because the foods it advocates just happen to food good for you, not because the reasoning behind those foods are sound.

14. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Old thread, I know and I didn't even read it, but somebody said to me recently that I practically eat like the Paleo diet. I had never heard of it and never really did diets, but I did some research about it and have been just altering a few things here and there do kind of officially do it. So far I feel fine. I am just concerned about the whole red meat and colon cancer thing. In the past red meat would constipate me a lot, but now that I have been eating it more, and leaner cuts I don't have the problem. Probably because of the high veggie intake as well as your body getting used to it. Maybe grass fed has something to do with it as well.

15. b1os

b1os Senior member

Has anyone checked their uric acid level after a couple of months of mostly red meats?

16. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

Paleo isn't mostly red meat, it's just healthy organic meats, I primarily eat poultry and fish.

17. patrickBOOTH

No, but I saw this thing on TV about this little kid who had abnormally high levels of it and it made him eat his own lips off. Really crazy.

18. patrickBOOTH

I eat grass fed lean cuts of beef and eat it pretty raw too. Just like a sear on both sides, very rare inside.

19. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

Why do you all call 'meat' 'meats'?

20. patrickBOOTH

Because it includes meat from a variety of animals.