• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paleo diet

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sharpnessdefined
Don Carlos, as someone new to the magic of Paleo am I doing the right thing by only eating the meat of wild kangaroos that I catch and kill myself and drinking the water from the heads of streams deep in the rainforest?

I have gone for the wild kangaroo as I feel this is a meat that has had the least amount of human interference over time.

Also another question: should I be eating the meat raw or should I construct some kind of caveman fire to char grill my meat on?

What makes this first post so awesome is the join date of Aug 2010.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Excellent debut

CBDB

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Don Carlos
Oh, for ****'s sake, "Evidence?" is the most annoying meme CE has ever produced. Go ************* up your fat, sweaty ass with the plethora of evidence that exists out there and is readily available to Google on your own.

You fat, fat, ugly little sow!

See...you're already cranky without your carbs
laugh.gif

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ChicagoMediaMan
AB - In all seriousness....How is the diet going for you? Are you doing it to lose weight or just overall be more healthy?

I've been curious about trying this diet, but I'm a long-distance runner and have always relied on carbs for energy.

The diet is going extremely well. It is not about losing weight for me, but rather, about getting an optimal macronutrient intake and optimizing my internal health and my body comp. It is working wonders. Not kidding.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Don Carlos, as someone new to the magic of Paleo am I doing the right thing by only eating the meat of wild kangaroos that I catch and kill myself and drinking the water from the heads of streams deep in the rainforest? I have gone for the wild kangaroo as I feel this is a meat that has had the least amount of human interference over time. Also another question: should I be eating the meat raw or should I construct some kind of caveman fire to char grill my meat on?
The wallaby actually contains more nutrients than the kangaroo. You should switch to wild wallaby, as more kangaroo meat than you realize is actually corn-fed. NEVER cook meat. It destroys the enzymes in the meat that enhance your paleo alpha energies.

Sharpnessdefined

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid
Excellent debut

Originally Posted by Piobaire

Trying to take in as much as I can before contributing but this was far to good to pass up.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Trying to take in as much as I can before contributing but this was far to good to pass up.

/pat on the back

You made the right choice, son.

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

Reaction score
So, uh... what's the tl;dr of this thread? Is Paleo for fat people only? Am I wrong for eating 50g carbs 3-4 hours before a workout?
uhoh.gif

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx
So, uh... what's the tl;dr of this thread? Is Paleo for fat people only? Am I wrong for eating 50g carbs 3-4 hours before a workout?
uhoh.gif

Wheat gluten = makes you a fat beta with a limp, noodly wang
Paleo = makes you a ripped, alpha, paleo stud with a superior bonheur

Any questions?

Kajak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx
uhoh.gif

the tldr is that Don Carlos thinks that what was an amusing troll will be funny after 8 megapages

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kajak
the tldr is that Don Carlos thinks that what was an amusing troll will be funny after 8 megapages
I think it's important to remember that I didn't post 8 megapages' worth of content. SF did. I mean, heck, I wasn't even there to egg on a good 6 or 7 of those megapages. Clearly this topic is of legitimate interest to the SF community and of scientific merit.
wink.gif

Carlisle Blues

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JMRouse
1. Modern humans live far longer then our ancestors did 10,000 years ago. .
There are many factors that go into what effects longevity such as diet, climate, whether a hunter or farmer to name a few. One can see from the data below that things are rarely as clear-cut as purists would like them to be. For any period in time, there is good and there is bad. 7,000 to 5,000 B.C. ("Early Neolithic," i.e., agriculture first spreads widely: As diet becomes more agricultural, it also becomes more vegetarian in character--relatively much less meat at roughly 10% of the diet, and much more plant food, much of which was grain-based.) Male 33.6 Female 29.8 5,000 to 3,000 B.C. ("Late Neolithic," i.e., the transition is mostly complete.) Male 33.1 Female 29.2 3,000 to 2,000 B.C. ("Early Bronze" period) Male 33.6 Female 29.4 2,000 B.C. and following ("Middle People") Male 36.5 Female 31.4 Circa 1,450 B.C. ("Bronze Kings") Male 35.9 Female 36.1 1,450 to 1,150 B.C. ("Late Bronze") Male 39.6 Female 32.6 1,150 to 650 B.C. ("Early Iron") Male 39.0 Female 30.9 650 to 300 B.C. ("Classic") Male 44.1 Female 36.8 300 B.C. to 120 A.D. ("Hellenistic") Male 41.9 Female 38.0 120 to 600 A.D. ("Imperial Roman") Male 38.8 Female 34.2 Medieval Greece Male 37.7 Female 31.1 Byzantine Constantinople Male 46.2 Female 37.3 1400 to 1800 A.D. ("Baroque") Male 33.9 Female 28.5 1800 to 1920 A.D. ("Romantic") Male 40 Female 38 "Modern U.S. White" (1980-ish presumably) Male 71.0 Female 78.5 see Angel, Lawrence J. (1984) "Health as a crucial factor in the changes from hunting to developed farming in the eastern Mediterranean"

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
It is impossible to draw a 1:1 correlation between rising lifespans and diet over the past several thousand years. So many other factors were at play -- many of which were much more significant -- that the effects of actual composition of diet are hard to isolate. Note that availability of, and access to, food was a serious concern for many people in the past; this is not the same thing as isolated dietary composition, and should not be conflated as such.

Finally, all dates you've posted are beyond the Paleolithic era and in the era of agriculture.

Carlisle Blues

Reaction score
It is impossible to draw a 1:1 correlation between rising lifespans and diet over the past several thousand years. So many other factors were at play -- many of which were much more significant -- that the effects of actual composition of diet are hard to isolate. Note that availability of, and access to, food was a serious concern for many people in the past; this is not the same thing as isolated dietary composition, and should not be conflated as such. Finally, all dates you've posted are beyond the Paleolithic era and in the era of agriculture.
I am not drawing a one to one comparison. Indeed, I cited there are many factors to consider. This diet alone is not the answer or an answer at all. The point of my post is to demonstrate that diet alone does not speak to health or longevity. Further you expanded the time requirements as follows:
Modern industrial food is poisoning us from the inside out, and I have vowed never to touch it again.
The other questions I would have regarding the diet is. Are the animals eating the same as the animals during the Paleo period? I think not. Industrialization, pollution, acid rain etc. has effected the food source for the Paleo Diet.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Carlisle Blues
I am not drawing a one to one comparison. Indeed, I cited there are many factors to consider. This diet alone is not the answer or an answer at all.

I know you're not. I was just expanding on your point. There are a lot of folks here who readily do draw a direct correlation, or else imply it through some form of lifespan-based argument. I was just heading that argument off at the pass before someone else picked it up and ran with it again.

Paleo diet!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics