Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Paleo diet

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Don Carlos, May 23, 2011.

1. eg1

eg1 Senior member

Ugh. This thread brings the full retardation. [​IMG]

First of all, this wittering on about evolution and diet is frankly ridiculous -- we are omnivores, full stop. No doubt there are diets you can dream up that would be deleterious to health, but not many of them (if any) will result in preventing you from reproducing, and without that there is no evolutionary pressure.

Furthermore, trying to rationalize one's own lifestyle decisions with respect to diet by citing historical precedent, varying cultural norms and a host of scientific studies is grotesquely self-involved and frankly ludicrous. It tells us far more about the psychology of the poster than it ever will about history, anthropology or science.

Finally, trying to dogmatically convince others about what they should and should not put in their mouths goes beyond simple narcissism and veers into other psychological disorders. Feh. [​IMG]

I eat what I eat because it is best for me based on my own experience. If you do otherwise, you are welcome to your own folly.

/rant

2. mm84321

mm84321 Senior member

I add eg1 to my list of most reasonable members.

3. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

I add eg1 to my list of most reasonable members.

That's funny as his post pretty much eviscerated all of yours.

4. mm84321

mm84321 Senior member

Don't fear, there is a very special list that I place you on, Piobaire. Rest assured, you are one of one.

5. Piobaire

Don't fear, there is a very special list that I place you on, Piobaire. Rest assured, you are one of one.

[​IMG] You too.

6. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or

I get the impression he either does not realize these things or does not care, considering how many times his points have been eviscerated in this thread. [​IMG]

7. Piobaire

I get the impression he either does not realize these things or does not care, considering how many times his points have been eviscerated in this thread. [​IMG]

I still like him as he's earnest. You too, Mouse! [​IMG]

8. Jr Mouse

I still like him as he's earnest. You too, Mouse! [​IMG]

[​IMG] Well I always say I like watching your work in these threads when I am not on the receiving end.

9. mm84321

mm84321 Senior member

Please, show me where my points have actually been eviscerated. I think you are just making yourself believe they've been because you don't agree with me.

10. mm84321

mm84321 Senior member

[​IMG] You too.
    The interesting thing is that I actually have a reason to distinguish you from other members (constant unprovoked insults toward me and my intelligence), however, any reason you have for separating me from the rest of the board is coming internally from your own imagination, as I have remained calm and composed toward you, trying to be friendly, even after being called an idiot. Going so far as to send you a PM offering my thanks for taking the time to discuss, however rudely, a certain topic with me, which you couldn't even respond to. I'd say you have more of a problem with yourself than you actually do with me.

11. Jr Mouse

Please, show me where my points have actually been eviscerated. I think you are just making yourself believe they've been because you don't agree with me.

Sure, read this thread.

12. mm84321

mm84321 Senior member

Sure, read this thread.
    You can't do it, can you? I'd like to mention that most of the incredibly inane arguments you made in this thread I chose to completely ignore. So, I do apologize for not allowing you the chance to further eviscerate me and my pointless logic.

13. Jr Mouse

You can't do it, can you?

I'd like to mention that most of the incredibly inane arguments you made in this thread I chose to completely ignore. So, I do apologize for not allowing you the chance to further eviscerate me and my pointless logic.

[​IMG] Do you really want me to make a list for you? It's almost every post in this thread after you joined in on the fun.

14. mm84321

mm84321 Senior member

[​IMG] Do you really want me to make a list for you? It's almost every post in this thread after you joined in on the fun.
    Yes. I want a list (compiled alphabetically, please) of arguments I've made, and then the instance of evisceration of said arguments.

15. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

There is a masterful quote by Gibonius (a most knowledgeable poster, I might add) in the sugar thread that sums up the attitudes perfectly.