1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Paleo diet

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Don Carlos, May 23, 2011.

1. Don Carlos

Don Carlos Senior member

I am embarking on a paleo diet, with some allowance for cooking, but no allowance whatsoever for non-organic and non-biodynamic and non-100%-free-range-as-nature-intended anything. Does anyone else live such an extreme diet, and do you have any advice on how to manage it in modern society?

Modern industrial food is poisoning us from the inside out, and I have vowed never to touch it again.

2 people like this.
  2. phreak

phreak Senior member

Wait, are you serious?

3. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

the only reason why the paleo diet is a good diet is because the foods it advocates just happen to food good for you, not because the reasoning behind those foods are sound.

wtf kind of an argument is our ancestors ate it 10000 years ago and thus its good for you?

if you eat too much of anything you'll get fatter. truth.

how strict are you going to be with this? no alcohol? no yogurt? no cured meats? no cheeses? no cooking?

1 person likes this.
  4. Don Carlos

Don Carlos Senior member

the only reason why the paleo diet is a good diet is because the foods it advocates just happen to food good for you, not because the reasoning behind those foods are sound. wtf kind of an argument is our ancestors ate it 10000 years ago and thus its good for you? if you eat too much of anything you'll get fatter. truth. how strict are you going to be with this? no alcohol? no yogurt? no cured meats? no cheeses? no cooking?
    It's not about fatness vs. non-fatness. It's about total body health, organs, systems, endocrine function, and so forth. We know for a fact that modern, processed food is endocrine disruptive and fucks the body up. Furthermore, we know from modern evidence that societies heavier in artificial and processed ingredients (America, for example) are less healthy than societies with fewer artificial foods (Mediterranean societies, the French, the Japanese, etc., even if these cultures eat just as much fat or carbs as we do).

5. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

evidence?

what is a modern, processed food? yogurt is modern and processed right? so is olive oil? i mean a caveman would not be pressing olives for oil.

i dont mean to be an arrogant bastard, but i see people like you all the time and i wish they'd be more skeptical of information they read in mens health magazines or the latest healthscam they hear on the news.

i'm sorry but that argument of societies confuses causation and correlation. you cant pinpoint something so broad as health of an entire nation on national diet when there are so many variables and variations of diets.

1 person likes this.
  6. Don Carlos

Don Carlos Senior member

evidence?

Oh, for fuck's sake, "Evidence?" is the most annoying meme CE has ever produced. Go fuck yourself up your fat, sweaty ass with the plethora of evidence that exists out there and is readily available to Google on your own.

You fat, fat, ugly little sow!

7. bbaquiran

bbaquiran Senior member

So how are you planning on structuring your diet?
    There is some disagreement within the paleo interweb community as to what actually constitutes "paleo".

8. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Senior member Dubiously Honored

This is the most American thread on StyleForum.

9. Don Carlos

Don Carlos Senior member

This is the most American thread on StyleForum.

YES.

USA! USA! USA!

10. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

So how are you planning on structuring your diet?
    There is some disagreement within the paleo interweb community as to what actually constitutes "paleo".

this.

there's a bunch of looney bullshit going around in the paleo community that overlooks common sense much less science

sorry if i'm being a fat douchefag sow

11. Don Carlos

Don Carlos Senior member

this.

there's a bunch of looney bullshit going around in the paleo community that overlooks common sense much less science

sorry if i'm being a fat douchefag sow

OINK OINK

OOOOOIIINNNKKKKKK FOR ME YOU HORRIBLE LITTLE PIGLET

SQUEEEEEL FOR ME WHILE I MILLLLLK YOUU

OOOOIIINK OINK!!!!!

12. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

in an effort to parody all the current diets, for 2 weeks I have done 2 days IF, 3 days paleo and 2 days of extreme refeeding and somehow I have dropped 1.5% bf while gaining 4 lbs of muscle. I guess they all work!

13. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

^lawl at AB

but 2+3+2 =/= 14?

14. Don Carlos

Don Carlos Senior member

^lawl at AB but 2+3+2 =/= 14?
    I think his sentence implied an equation of 2(2+3+2). "Two weeks of 2 + 3 + 2."

15. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

I read that a diet of wheatgrass and urine (midstream only) will make you live to 110.

16. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

it's yoo-reen when you drink it dumbass

17. Don Carlos

Don Carlos Senior member

it's yoo-reen when you drink it dumbass

No, you stupid ugly hick, it's "you-rine" (last syllable rhymes with "brine").

18. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

makes sense when you think about it

19. Monaco

Monaco Senior member

I eat ice cream everyday.

20. Don Carlos

Don Carlos Senior member

I eat ice cream everyday.

OIIIINK

SNORT SNORT SNORT

SQUEEEELLLLLL....OOOOOOOOIIIINKKKKK