• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pale but my face is slightly red.

Podoka

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm new to the forums but I'm very curious on something. Growing up I have been very pale. (To the point where I've gotten made fun of, called a vampire, ghost, told to go into a coffin, ect.) I'm currently 16 but to me, my 'paleness' is what I love about myself. It's something I've learned to cherish. It's something that makes me proud of myself.

My problem is my body is paler than my face. Growing up, this was not a problem. When I hit puberty at age 11/12 and started to get acne I've noticed my white complexion has turned slightly red. My acne had periods where it was terrible but I've never taken any medication. Currently my acne is okay, but it tends to worsen around my period or when there is high levels of stress. (Normal). My hygiene is bad, which I want to fix. I rarely cleanse my face but lately I've been trying to get into the habit of doing so. I also have a lot of acne scars, which are more purple, so red.

The areas that are red are : Cheeks / Under my eyes / Nose/ Nose Bridge / Chin / Center of Forehead

I'm currently using a bottle of Cetaphil to cleanse my face.

Is there anything I could do to reduce the redness I've gotten the past few years? I recently started to wear BB cream and I found one in my shade and it makes me miss how white my skin used to be. I'm also unsure if it's due to the sun. Growing up, nobody told me to wear sun screen unless I was going to the beach.

So yeah, would anyone know any solutions, or is this something I can't fix and will just have to cover with make up? And excuse the repetitive use of 'growing up'.

Biscotti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just take better care of yourself...if you want to look healthy, live healthy. Also, I've always found tinted sunscreens work really well at evening it all out. Yes, maybe it is make up but I don't give a ****

Onetwobit

Reaction score
I agree with being all around healthy. Getting rid of acne or acne scars is certainly no easy feat. The food you intake and the hygiene you practice is all it will take to clear up your skin, but will without a doubt take time.

Start with cleaning out all of the bullshit in your diet. No fast food / candy, etc...the basics. Exercise daily if possible.

General facial skin care is very easy. You shouldn't need an array of chemicals and expensive creams to get a natural smooth tone. As soon as you wake up wash your face with a small amount soap / cleanser and cold water. Use moisturizer and/or toner as desired (I use a moisturizer with SPF 30 and witch hazel toner). Repeat right before bed and maybe the in middle of the day if possible. Always wash face with cold water after working out or sweating. Next step is very important - largest impact for me (almost an ah-HA moment). Use a fresh pillow surface every night. I use white towels to wrap around my pillow case. Two uses each towel by flipping after the first night...so three towels should last you 6 days, wash, repeat etc.

Again, your mileage may vary. Find something that works for you. Keep it simple. Good luck.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads