• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pal Zileri

emakris

Reaction score
Hi all,

I recently purchased a Pal Zileri suit and I would like some more information about the brand and, if possible, the suit. Some rather lenghtly background for those who may be interested:

My comfort zone for every day suits lies with Versace, both Versace Classic and Versace Collection. I recently had to replace one of them which became terribly worn after many years of ownership. I headed to a famous department store in London where I tried Armani, D&G, Prada, Gucci, Pal Zileri and Paul Smith - all similarly priced except the D&G which was cheaper.

Armani, Paul Smith and Dolce & Gabbana where promptly dismissed; both Armani and Paul Smith were a terrible fit, especially around the shoulders. D&G was void of any quality whatsoever and I felt it was too expensive for what it was.

The Prada fitted nicely and I felt the quality was pretty good too while the Gucci seemed to have all the boxes ticked but the salesperson, rather oddly, would not sell a second pair of matching Gucci trousers. Lastly, I tried the Pal Zileri - I tried it last because it was (and is) a brand that I know very little of. It turned out to be the most surprising... The fit was excellent with only the sleeves being a couple of centimeters too long. Very light and comfortable and the garment seems very nice indeed. The suit also looks very well put together. The salesperson insisted that the suit is "handmade" (not sure I know what that means) with so many hours of work put into it (sounded like marketing blurb but it could very well be true, not sure) however, all the visible stitching looks machine stitched to me so I took his word with a pinch of salt.

The label on the right pocket is dark blue with slightly lighter vertical blue stripes and white "Pal Zileri Made in Italy" writting. Inside the other pocket there's a dark blue folded label with "Guabello Biella 1815 Luxair Woven In Italy". The garment is 85% wool and 15% mohair. The retail price of the suit is 1000 GBP while the price of the second pair of trousers is 235 GBP.

I think it is pretty clear that I am not a connoisseur in any way, shape or form but I do like quality clothing. People's opinions and experiences on Pal Zileri are very welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Emmanuel

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pal Zileri is good stuff.

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Pal Zileri's main label (white label) is not hand made but is still a great suit - on par with Canali and does feature full canvas contruction. White label is a pretty full, forgiving cut although they have several models.

Their Sartoriale.it label features more hand work and offers basted sleeves for functional sleeve buttons, and trousers have great construction as well with the split v-back, inner curtained waist band, button fly, etc. and also are a slightly slimmer silhouette than their white label. The sartorial label is harder to find.

robasaurus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by eHaberdasher
Pal Zileri's main label (white label) is not hand made but is still a great suit - on par with Canali and does feature full canvas contruction. White label is a pretty full, forgiving cut although they have several models.

Their Sartoriale.it label features more hand work and offers basted sleeves for functional sleeve buttons, and trousers have great construction as well with the split v-back, inner curtained waist band, button fly, etc. and also are a slightly slimmer silhouette than their white label. The sartorial label is harder to find.

Not all white label is full cut. They offer two or three models (U, X, and L, I believe) that are quite trim. The X body in particular comes standard as a 9-inch drop. And as far as I am aware, there is a small amount of hand work on their white label offerings. I believe that would be the sleevehead being attached by hand.

In any case, the OP has made a wise choice in considering PZ over the other labels he mentioned.

Nexus6

Reaction score
Forbes website had listed Pal Zileri in their 'Top 12' list.

I have one of their Jackets and 2 of their shirts and all are great
smile.gif

Grayland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The member Lakewolf seems to be the Pal Zileri expert around here. You might try and PM him.

emakris

Reaction score
Thank you all for taking the time to reply. The suit seems to be fully canvassed (I did the "lower button" test
smile.gif
) and my better half insists that some of the stitching is by hand and not machined. Shows how much I know... I also did some research on the writing of the second label. It turns out, "Guabello Biella 1815" is the fabric company and "Luxair" their wool/mohair line of fabrics. Information about Pal Zileri is pretty scarce on the internet; I might take Grayland's advice and bother the aforementioned member of the forum... If any other member has any more information about the brand, please do post it here. Thanks, Emmanuel

Crat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is Zileri still 'in the market'?
I know their website is still online but somehow it looks a bit cheap. I haven't seen their stuff around in ages where as I used to run across Zileri quite often in shops.

erpet

Reaction score

Is Zileri still 'in the market'?
I know their website is still online but somehow it looks a bit cheap. I haven't seen their stuff around in ages where as I used to run across Zileri quite often in shops.

I was in a shop full of PZ in Bern, Switzerland, last month.

Congo123

Reaction score
I'm in Rome for the week and there is a large PZ store near the Spanish steps.

mishon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On my recent trip to Italy, Pal Zileri suits were in almost every men's clothing store in Rome.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads