1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

paisley/plain ps with this suit/shirt/tie combo?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by yeeth, Nov 10, 2012.

Tags:
  1. yeeth

yeeth Well-Known Member

So I'm having my photo taken tomorrow for a club, and I need to wear a light blue tie for it. I plan to wear a white shirt and a navy suit with it, but I'm undecided for the PS. I've currently narrowed it down to an orange paisley, a red paisley with a bit of navy/light blue accents, and a plain lavender.

I've made a highly detailed infographic summarizing my predicament below:

[​IMG]

I'm inclined to go with the red, but i fear the light blue accents aren't strong enough to mach it to the tie. I'm afraid the lavender and light blue look too similar, but I have a really nice white shirt that has lavender inner cuffs that would match it.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  2. yeeth

yeeth Well-Known Member

I also have a royal purple/navy windowpane shirt I really like, but i don't think I can work that in with light blue can I?

3. gambit50

gambit50 Senior member

Negative on the purple shirt.
    Red square is the one given the other constraints.

4. yeeth

yeeth Well-Known Member

oh wait i meant white shirt with royal purple/navy windowpane pattern.
    but thanks for your input!