• We would like to welcome Larimars Luxury Menswear as an official Affiliate Vendor. Larimars, based in Ontario, Canada, and specializing in handmade and semi-handmade shirts made in their family owned factory, with over 1000 fabrics from which to choose!

Please check out their thread on here, welcome them, and take advantage of their introductory offer for Styleforum. The discount code is in thread!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Pairing oxford shoes with chinos

Is it acceptable to pair oxfords with chinos?

• Yes, anytime, anywhere.

Votes: 42 27.1%
  • Whenever you've got that "chino + oxfords" feeling.

Votes: 25 16.1%
  • In a pinch (other pants at the cleaners, traveling, Halloween costume...)

Votes: 35 22.6%
  • No, except maaaybe in a life or death situation.

Votes: 53 34.2%

• Total voters

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yea, I'm not into those styling suggestions.

It's strange because, in other videos, you hear him say that he also believes oxfords are for suits (video below). And this is generally the rule you see him follow when he posts fit pics.

But in his styling videos, he often suggests things that I've never seen him wear, and I can't imagine him wearing. Like here, he suggests purple trousers (back in the day, I think he used to wear crazy pants, but this was like 15 years ago, and he has since developed a much more conservative style). I assume he does this so that his styling videos speak to a broader audience.

Do you agree with the styling choices in that video you linked?

apShepard

Reaction score
Yea, I'm not into those styling suggestions.

It's strange because, in other videos, you hear him say that he also believes oxfords are for suits (video below). And this is generally the rule you see him follow when he posts fit pics.

But in his styling videos, he often suggests things that I've never seen him wear, and I can't imagine him wearing. Like here, he suggests purple trousers (back in the day, I think he used to wear crazy pants, but this was like 15 years ago, and he has since developed a much more conservative style). I assume he does this so that his styling videos speak to a broader audience.

Do you agree with the styling choices in that video?

That would be very convenient. Anyway, I don't care enought about this topic to argue anymore.

Featured Sponsor

What time of the year do you spend the most money on clothes?

• Spring

• Summer

• Fall

• Winter

• No difference

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dallen470