pairing color - is same color of shoes and blazer too much?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by nycmantown, Mar 19, 2013.

1. nycmantown

nycmantown Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

here is my real-life example, both blazer and shoe are green

thanks

Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
  2. YRR92

YRR92 Senior member

To be honest, I don't like that shade of green. It's a nice color -- for furniture, walls, cars, maybe a casual shirt. For a jacket or shoes? I don't like it. I certainly don't think they should be worn together. Wearing two items in an unusual color strikes me as cutesy.

I've worn brown jackets with shoes in a similar shade of brown, and it hasn't bothered me, but people in the WAYWRN thread have dinged me for it. Brown's a pretty normal color for shoes and jackets, though.

3. Mr Engineer

Mr Engineer Senior member

too much in my opinion.Some dark brown loafers with that outfit would do

4. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

Lose those pants, shirt, waistcoat and pocket square with this jacket altogether.The patterns are fighting and it looks like you are trying too hard. I would recommend wearing a plain cream shirt and Desert Yellow pants. Match with contrasting coloured shoes in Tan, Chili, Brown, Burgundy or Black Cherry.
    Wear existing shirt with denim. Wear existing pants with an off-white shirt, bow-tie, your dark waistcoat (if you must) and a dark navy jacket. As far as the loafers are concerned, one suggestion would be, a dark jacket with pants in sand coloured linen or white cotton pants and some colourful socks. Welcome to Styleforum nycmantown.