1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Pair of Greens on E-bay

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Bic Pentameter, Feb 28, 2005.

1. Bic Pentameter

Bic Pentameter Senior member

I came across the following pair of Greens online. Does anyone recognize the model name? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....MEWA:IT They are too big for me, but the current price is certainly low. (The soles look like they've been worn more than "twice for less than 3 hours total.") Also, for what it is worth, another forum member I have corresponded with raised the possibility that they may not be real Greens. Bic

2. Will

Will Senior member Dubiously Honored

They are Greens, and I estimate twenty or more years old. I have one pair numbered that low and the purchase date is lost in the mists of time.

The sequential number is currently in the high 40,000s.

Will

3. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

Look like Green's made for Lobb, and then re-labeled as Greens, maybe for a sale, like the RLPL shoes?? Darby is a Lobb model, had a pair of those. The other details jive too.

Could only have been worn once or twice, one wear on wet pavement = ten wears on dry in my experience.

4. kabert

kabert Senior member

Any guesses as to what the big "S" next to the size/last information stands for? I was thinking perhaps it referred to the store for which these shoes were made but can't think of any that begin with S other than Saks.

5. bch

bch Senior member

I disagree.

I think the soles look exactly as though they were worn for 3 hours.

In a rock quarry. In the rain.

But otherwise, nice shoes.

6. bengal-stripe

bengal-stripe Senior member Dubiously Honored

Take your pick: "sub-standard", "seconds", "sales-stock".

They were rejects and the seller is very honest in stating that he had bought them in a sale. But with shoes and particular in a company with EG's quality control, the defects are probably very minor. I have bought shoes which were rejects; for the life of me, I cannot find the faults.