• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paintings that you like or own.

likeitaloud

Reaction score
I thought it would be an interesting idea for people to post here the paintings they admire or that they put up in their house. Please include Artist/Name as well as the picture.

Here is one of mine:

Ris5_b.jpg

Ivan Aivazovsky. The Billow. 1889

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The gulf between that which we admire and that which we own is going to be huge. I admire:
MadameX3.jpg
manet.jpg
Martin_Johnson_Heade_HEM001.jpg
MelancholyAndMysteryOfAStreet.jpg

likeitaloud

Reaction score
Can this please be moved to general discussion?

The Wayfarer

Reaction score
Huntsman has already won this thread with Sargent and Giorgio de Chirico. Any further posts would be futile. EDIT: As for myself, despite my love of paintings (particularly Impressionism and Surrealism), I would love to have the work of photographers such as Guy Bourdin and Erwin Olaf in my home. They are two of my favorites.
11B.jpg
Olaf1.jpg

The Wayfarer

Reaction score
The girlfriend really loves Dali and Mark Ryden (as well as numerous other Surrealists and Pop Surrealist painters).

We have a reproduction of the Meditative Rose:

3Salvador-Meditative-Rose-1.jpg

And a Mark Ryden coffee table book we purchased in Montreal full of work such as this:

mark_ryden_tree_show.jpg

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Casey Roberts is doing some really nice work with cyanotype.

The Wayfarer

Reaction score
Oh whoa, thanks for sharing Eugenio Recuenco. This is the first I've heard of him and I just browsed through his website a bit. I really love his work for much the same reasons I do Orlaf's.

denning

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Wayfarer
Oh whoa, thanks for sharing Eugenio Recuenco. This is the first I've heard of him and I just browsed through his website a bit. I really love his work for much the same reasons I do Orlaf's.

My pleasure. I just wish I could figure out a way to get a print or two in my back water city.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found his (Eugenio Recuenco) work pretty interesting until I happened upon the blackface.
plain.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads